• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Anaheim Ducks '13-'14 thread

nate

Maybe, maybe not. You can't just assume the rest of the games would have played out the exact same way in a vacuum. Also, blowing leads seems to be a pattern with Boudreau-coached teams. Obviously the loss itself is not on him, but the mentality that renders a team unable to hold leads in a game and series is at least partially attributable to the coach. In this case I just don't think Boudreau's finesse style instills enough toughness in his teams. 

Let see what happens next year, with Gibson as a starting goalie from Day 1 and some help on D.

I have a feeling the Ducks sign Ryan Miller for 2 years and let Gibby get a bit more groomed in Norfolk. Trade Andersen, DSP, Palmieri, Etem etc. (some combo of them) for someone like Kesler. Go out and sign Gaborik. We have 22+ million in cap space with Hiller, Teemu, Saku, Winnik all coming off the books. I'd love to see MP22 back, but I think Rakell has earned himself a spot as the 4th line Center. Possibly trade for another veteran D man. Get rid of Allen. Loved his regular season play, but he sucked in the playoffs.

Maroon-Getzy-Perry

Silvfy-Kesler-Gaborik

Cogs-Bones-Etem

Beleskey-Rakell- (Palms/DSP/FA)

Fowler-Lovejoy

Beauch-Lindholm

FA-Vatanen

Miller

FA backup or Gibby if needed

This is just off the top of my head. I'm going to draw up a much cleaner analysis later on once I take a look at the available FAs. This team does need a bit of a change though. Plenty of talent, but sometimes talent isn't everything. Gotta have those players who love to play in the big games and thrive in them. Target #1 for me is Gaborik. Dude impressed the hell out of me in the playoffs.

I don't think Etem is the right guy, I would much rather keep DSP.  I also don't think Rakell showed anything.

I think:

Maroon-Getz-Perry

Beleskey-FA-Palms

Cogs-Bones-DSP

Winnik-Perreault-Etem/FA

Definitely don't dump Allen.  He wasn't that bad in the playoffs actually.  Beauch/Lindholm were awful though.

FA-Allen

Fowler-Lovejoy

Beauch-Lindholm/Souray

I would like to try something like this:

Beleskey-Getz-Perry

Cogs-Bonino-DSP

Maroon-Perreault-Palms

Winnik-Rakell-Etem

I don't think we need to add much offensively. The growth of DSP will more than make up for the production of Selanne. If you want to trade Rakell and Etem and a pick for either a C or Winger and then sign a vet FA to fill the other spot, I'd be fine with that too.

It's the D I am worried about. I was worried about it from game 1 of the season all the way through the last game of the year. Fowler had a horrible game 7, but he's young and our best Defenseman. He stays. Wouldn't mind trading Beauch though. He's definitely starting to diminish.

Personally, I'd rather spend more money or prospects on an elite defenseman rather than a 2nd line center or a winger.

Thomas Crow -- thanks for posting that You Tube video of Selanne going through the post-series handshake line -- that's just great.....didn't get the audio as well on the actual broadcast. Quick and several of the Kings each said 'it's been a honor" to play against you........class act stuff.......this is what makes hockey and the NHL such a great game, such a great sport.......

thanks for posting the video!

My money is on the Pens to sign him. Just makes the most sense for both sides. Fleury is just too hot and cold and the Pens are in a win now situation. Ducks would be smart to spend money on strengthening their lines defensively. They are fine in the net with what they have.

Miller would be the perfect option here on a 2 year deal to groom Gibson. I don't see Andersen being the guy to mentor him. Bad move not getting Miller, imo.

I would be stunned if Miller gets anything less than three years.

I would be stunned if Miller gets anything less than three years.

Only reason I say 2 years for Miller is for his alleged interest in wanting to sign here. Maybe take a year discount or something. Otherwise, he gets a good long deal somewhere else.