• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Anaheim Ducks '13-'14 thread

nate

i really like the young guys the ducks have in goal. plus, you've got hiller, and he's a quality guy to keep around for your kids.

miller is good, but his resume continues to be a short read. i don't think he's the answer for your team.

Edited by Tank

he just turned 24 and has a norris trophy in his pocket. he's not going anywhere anytime soon.

problem is he wants $8-9m a year, for 7 years.

all he has to do is say "look at phaneuf's deal of 7x7, and im obviously better than him."

and he would be right.

tough for them to pay that kind of green.

but franchise d-men are hard to come by.

i love kesler/spezza but i think if we can get a #2C off FA we do that, and use our ridiculous stockpile of picks/prospects to get a #1 d-man.

hard to trade for #2C and #1d-man and have much if anything left.

can we get stastny?

or we wait and go for #1 d-man next year. 

anyone know the UFA d-men coming up this year and next?

Edited by mrwicked

We need to trade 1 or 2 of our spare dmen and trade for one top Dman.  I would rather they signed a 2C and use their trade chips to shore up the blueline.  I would look at what kind of interest Anderson brings in a trade.  His stock is high right now and Gibson and him are almost at the same point of development.  They both are going to want to be #1 and I would feel just as good next season with Gibson in net and sign a veteran backup (Giguere?).  Hopefully we hold onto our #10 pick unless it is used to net us a shutdown defender.

• 2 weeks later...

Losing Etem will sting.  Being a local kid I bet he would sign a long term deal for a low cap hit just to stay close to home. But depending on which Dman they want I would still do the deal.  I would counter with our late first round pick and Toronto's 2nd instead of our #10.  it Probably wont be enough but if the market for Kesler isn't as rabid as Van thought then it might be enough. 

Koivu, Winnik and Hiller won't be offered contracts.

Not surprised on Koivu or Hiller but kinda surprised with Winnik.

According to capgeek, Koivu, Winnik and Hiller are unrestricted free agents.  So I'm sure that had something to do with it.  But Koivu was at $2.5 million last season, and Winnik was at $1.8 million.  They could be back. 

But I'm sure the Ducks are looking to get the big fish first, before completing the roster.  

According to capgeek, Koivu, Winnik and Hiller are unrestricted free agents.  So I'm sure that had something to do with it.  But Koivu was at $2.5 million last season, and Winnik was at $1.8 million.  They could be back. 

But I'm sure the Ducks are looking to get the big fish first, before completing the roster.  

Murray saying they won't be offered contracts means they wont be back.  I'm okay with it, we have plenty of young talent that can fill winniks void and we are either gonna trade for Spezza/Kessler or sign Stastny.