• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

7 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

looks like the whole plan is to let LeBron chuck the ball into AD or take a guy on the dribble.  Once again, they someone besides LeBron to be the primary ball handler which will never frickin happen.  And if someone says it should be Rondo, I'll slap em'.  Hopefully they just need some time to come together or they're a guy short (hopefully Kuzma).  One game against a very good team in the Clips and I emphasize team because they really did look like everyone knew their role and they were all intent on executing a very specific plan.  Maybe Rivers is just a really good coach and Vogel is gonna sit back and let LeBron dictate what happens all year.  

I wasn't opposed to the idea because LeBron is generally a good passer, but in year 17 he just isn't quick enough.

If Vogel let's James dictate the offense we are screwed.

2 minutes ago, Tank said:

I thought Dwight Howard played well. Not sure why he was wearing red shoes, but I like how the lakers used him.

Leonard is such a good player. Gonna be a fun year for clips fans.

Sounded like he accepted a specific role on the team. I like his hustle on the defensive and offensive rebound end, from what I saw of him in the second half.

9 hours ago, Brandon said:

Sounded like he accepted a specific role on the team. I like his hustle on the defensive and offensive rebound end, from what I saw of him in the second half.

There was an article when they signed him that said he and the team discussed his role beforehand and set the ground rules.  If he was any kind of distraction i.e. his previous tenure with the Lakers he'd be looking for a new job.  

1 hour ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

There was an article when they signed him that said he and the team discussed his role beforehand and set the ground rules.  If he was any kind of distraction i.e. his previous tenure with the Lakers he'd be looking for a new job.  

Yeah, I think we saw the same article. I even saw something where he talked about it and realized he hit rock bottom in his NBA career and was willing to accept his role. The only thing I don't know is if his contract is guaranteed or what the parameters are for voiding it. I'm sure there are some things with the CBA or players association that protect him, but I got the same assessment that if he fucks up he is out with no guarantee. 

But I liked what I saw from him off the bench last night.

interesting ....

"The contract that Dwight Howard will sign in LAL is called a “summer contract” because it has $0 salary protection (comparable to Anthony Bennett in Houston). Howard will earn $14,490 for every day he is on the roster. The per day clock will start on Oct. 21."

38 minutes ago, Lou said:

interesting ....

"The contract that Dwight Howard will sign in LAL is called a “summer contract” because it has $0 salary protection (comparable to Anthony Bennett in Houston). Howard will earn $14,490 for every day he is on the roster. The per day clock will start on Oct. 21."

There it is. Thanks. I thought I saw this as well, but couldn't remember.

AD is a marvel.   There was one Clippers pass towards the corner in the first quarter, where AD seemed like Superman as he soared up to steal the pass and while airborne throw a nice pass. 

Not sure why he was scoreless in the 4th quarter, as I missed it.   Of course, teams that score 17 measly 4th quarter points will generally lose.

Edited by Angel Oracle

11 hours ago, Tank said:

I thought Dwight Howard played well. Not sure why he was wearing red shoes, but I like how the lakers used him.

1 hour ago, Lou said:

You see Tank, the money isn't what it used to be, so he's gotta reuse the shoes from his Rockets days.