• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

I think "who's starting" will be lineup/opponent based.  Lebron isn't going to be chasing Curry's, Lillard's, etc.  And if Kuzma is your SF in the lineup, he isn't either.  Our SG could slide down for that responsibility, but then we've got a slower footed wing (Lebron, Kuzma, etc) trying to guard a quicker player.

3 minutes ago, HaloMilliVanilli said:

I think "who's starting" will be lineup/opponent based.  Lebron isn't going to be chasing Curry's, Lillard's, etc.  And if Kuzma is your SF in the lineup, he isn't either.  Our SG could slide down for that responsibility, but then we've got a slower footed wing (Lebron, Kuzma, etc) trying to guard a quicker player.

It's not even that, the starting lineup would to be traditional, for example Bradley/Green at PG/SG, they will be guarding the other team's PG/SG. On offense, they would act the role of SG's and Lebron will be the PG

With the exclusion of last season as he recovered from injury and acclimated to new team/environment, Cousins has shot somewhere between 33% and 37% from 3 point range.  He has to be accounted for out there, much like Nikola Jocic.  Neither are Curry-esque but both need to be guarded out there.

1 minute ago, tennischmp said:

It's not even that, the starting lineup would to be traditional, for example Bradley/Green at PG/SG, they will be guarding the other team's PG/SG. On offense, they would act the role of SG's and Lebron will be the PG

Agree, but that squeezes Kuzma out of many lineups, as you'd have Lebron, AD and either Boogie/Javale at center often.  Not always though.  The other thing to consider is:  does AD WANT to play center.  Seems if he was that open to it they wouldn't have needed to bring in two more guys that will get big minutes there.

6 minutes ago, HaloMilliVanilli said:

Agree, but that squeezes Kuzma out of many lineups, as you'd have Lebron, AD and either Boogie/Javale at center often.  Not always though.  The other thing to consider is:  does AD WANT to play center.  Seems if he was that open to it they wouldn't have needed to bring in two more guys that will get big minutes there.

Why would that squeeze Kuzma out? IMO AD and Boogie is too much in the paint at once especially with Lebron driving into the paint as well

30 minutes ago, tennischmp said:

If Lebron really is playing PG, there is no way Boogie starts. Imagine Lebron driving to the basket with AD and Boogie already there. 

I thought AD was going to be out on the perimeter

There is some over thinking going on here. Even if the Lakers initially start the highest paid players, it won't matter much if they aren't playing well together. I have no problem waiting to see how healthy everyone is and how they look in the preseason. This is going to be a good team. Not the favorites to win it all but way better than last year. The West is wide open now. If some of our guys have career years and Boogie is healthy, this team can go far.

Korver just got waived so the Lakers might add him too.

Just a taste of what Davis and Cousins are capable of.  Distance shooting, paint work, rebounding, starting and finishing the break.  Add the gravity that Lebron will require with some good spot up shooters....

I realize this Boogie isn't that Boogie, but he will be quite a distance away from the initial injury and surgery and it could be expected that he will be improved over what we saw last season.  He isn't going to be on the floor against all stretch 5's but quite a few.

2 hours ago, Lou said:

Yea I don’t buy that. The real reason Kawhi went to the Clippers is because they were able to get another star to go and play with him. That was always his #1 option as evident by him getting in contact with KD to see if he would be down to team up. Had the Clippers not been able to trade for George he would have come to the Lakers no matter what Magic tweeted/leaked or what Kawhi thought about Jeannie or Rob.

Well he obviously would rather be the main star on the Clippers than join and be a 3rd wheel on the Lakers. Plus he got in contact with KD to team up well before the Magic leak so as I said teaming up with another star was his #1 option way before Magic leaked the meeting 

I understand all I'm saying is that in this case based on the reports and the timeline of events he didn't really ruin anything for the Lakers and if anything probably helped that he talked to Kawhi. But at the end of the day, the Lakers were Kawhi's fallback choice in the case of the Clippers not getting anyone to pair him with. 

Here's an article on Kawhi recruiting KD. Notice this all was prior to the start of free agency. https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/kawhi-leonard-tried-to-recruit-kevin-durant-to-clippers-before-start-of-free-agency-per-report/

1 hour ago, tennischmp said:

Hey at least Magic hasn’t spent his last 8 years helping the Lakers division rivals become championship contenders and win championships  

That was West's job. 

Ervin's was to help the Lakers win championships. He failed miserably.