• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

5 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Wonder if fatigue was a factor.

Two mile high games in 3 days

That said, heck of a 4th quarter for Murray 

Single handily won that game.

I hope the Nuggets destroy the hated Celtics, if they play them.

Too bad it's first to win 4 games and not 2, otherwise we would have played the Kings instead of the Warriors. 

11 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

They are, just pointing out that they’ve been a 4th quarter team.

At least they just had a 7-0 run.

LeBron taking and missing all those 3-pointers, and Murray on the other side cathing fire, were the factors. No ball movement by the Lakers at crunch time. Tough loss. We could have stolen this game. 

This one was all on Lebron.  The multiple missed layups, dunks, and especially the worst decision making to take multiple three's when we had a larger lead and momentum, some piss-poor D at times too.  That game was a W that Lebron just tossed away.  Of course, I feel like AD is too inconsistent offensively in addition.  Jocic is a solid defender, but he's not JJJ.  Frickin' attack him.

Gotta say, the flopping and selling has gotten out of control.  They should crack down on that shizz.  If you flop, it's challenged, and they figure you out, should be a foul on the flopper.

Regarding Thursdays game, we should have not deviated from the script.  The plan of attack was working and put us in a great spot late into the 3rd quarter, and then for whatever reason Lebron went rogue.  I wish they would stop helping AD on Joker.  Stay home on the shooters and take what you get from single coverage on him.

Agreed.  The best teams play well when it counts most, and that is what makes a champion.  The Lakers have consistently not shown up in the 4th quarter against these Nuggets.  Kudos to the Nuggets, they've earned their standing this season.  Outside of Lebron, AD, Reaves and Rui, contributions from the remaining players in this series has been minimal.  That isn't championship caliber.  It has been a nice run, especially considering how we began the season and the roster turnover.  Certainly gives me excitement moving forward to the draft and next season.

• 1 month later...
On 5/18/2023 at 4:21 AM, HaloMilliVanilli said:

Hachimura also into the starting lineup over Schroeder should help too.  Considering how well the Nuggets shot, I'll take the moral W in making it close at the end. 

According to Japanese sports media coverage, in the Angels game at Dodger Stadium on July 8th, Rui Hachimura will throw out a ceremonial first pitch in honor of Japanese Heritage Night. He was a pitcher when he was in elementary school. His pitches were too fast for catchers to catch, and he turned catcher himself. His first name, Rui, means "baseball base" in Japanese.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

New season begins tonight in Denver.  Tough place to play/win.  I like the look of the team to start off the 23/24 season.

Can play Point Guard:  DLo, Austin, Vincent, Lebron, Hood-Schifino

Can play Shooting Guard:  DLo, Austin, Vincent, Prince, Christie, Reddish, Vanderbilt

Can play Small Forward:  Prince, Rui, Austin, Christie, Reddish, Vanderbilt, Lebron

Can play Power Forward:  Prince, Rui, Reddish, Vanderbilt, Lebron, AD, Wood

Can play Center:  AD, Hayes, Wood, Castleton

There is a large amount of lineup flexibility and depth where we could go small or tall, and potentially withstand some injuries.  Shooters (DLo, Austin, Vincent, Prince, Christie, Rui) to fill in around Lebron, AD are a plus as well.

Fun season ahead!

• 1 month later...

Dominated the ugly blue paint last night vs. Indiana.  AD was a beast.  Couldn't quite shake the pesky Pacers and won despite only hitting ONE three pointer all game and that one came in the final minute of the third quarter.  Fun watching Reddish and Davenport hound whoever they were assigned or switched on, primarily Haliburton.  Reaves was money with a big first half.  

Gotta admit that I was whatever initially when I heard about this tournament.  Ultimately, I enjoyed it and it gave us a little preview of who might step up for the actual playoffs in 5 months.  Really like what I'm seeing from Cam Reddish and this game kinda solidified that.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...