• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

On 7/29/2021 at 5:23 PM, beatlesrule said:

The Wizards and Lakers have agreed to terms on a Westbrook trade, reports Shams Charania of The Athletic (via Twitter).

Russell-Westbrook-200x300.jpgIn addition to Westbrook, the Lakers will receive a 2024 second-round pick and a 2028 second-rounder in exchange for Kuzma, Harrell, Caldwell-Pope, and the No. 22 pick.

This didn't age well

So glad to get rid of him

Really enjoyed watching this new group of Lakers last night against the Warriors.  Seems like a more well-rounded construction, a team that will likely be more competitive in games where AD or Lebron miss, too.  Lots of young guys I'd like to keep (DLo, Vanderbilt, Rui, Reaves, Bamba, Troy Brown, Lonnie Walker, Christie) to surround a couple of studs.  Be interesting to see how this team gels with only 25 games left to play, but only 2 games out of the play-in and 4 games out of #6.  Health permitting, by playoff time we could be entertaining and potentially formidable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What a Jekyll/Hyde game on Tuesday.  Lakers played like crap for 3 quarters, then decided to play lock-down defense for the 4th and (unnecessary) OT.

Now, a round 1 match vs. Memphis.  4+ days of rest combined with playoff experience.  Looking forward to seeing how they defend Ja Morant.  Gotta shut down the transition game.

Russell’s trio of 3s overcomes a 7 pt deficit in the 4th quarter.   Then LeBron wills them to the finish line with the buzzer beating layup and take over in OT.

AD’s offense struggles are overcome by the other starters and Schroeder.

Might not be at optimum mode Wednesday after the heavy minutes last night.

That was an exciting game Monday, for sure.  DLo had a nice second half until he fouled out, mixing in those 3 threes and 3-4 midrange shots in the third quarter.  I think we got 34 combined points from Lebron and AD, shocking when you consider we won another game in this series when those two produce pts at that rate. 

Would be nice to get the series win tonight and get some extended rest again.

Lakers again open up a series with a pivotal game 1 W, possessing home court advantage now.  Gave up too many 3's overall, especially in the first half, but even with that they led at the half.  Always a good sign to have a team shoot well against but we still lead.  I don't think we are a great matchup for the Warriors (unless AD can't play for some reason).  They'll have to be super hot to win the series.

Oh, and every chance you get, keep Looney off the boards.

4 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

Warriors by 15. Lakers aren’t getting 30 freebies tonight. Nba needed a 6-7 game series and they made damn sure it happens in game 1. 

The Lakers get free throws because the actually take the ball inside the 3-point line. 

8 minutes ago, Lou said:

The Lakers get free throws because the actually take the ball inside the 3-point line. 

I like their style of play but the reality is nba and collegiate refs haven’t rewarded teams recently as they did in the past. I’m all for it but I see it more as a Lakers LBJ reward  than a legitimate attempt to return basketball to a sport that’s watchable. 

Edited by Kotchman