• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

I don't blame Vogel one bit. He's been done dirty by the organization. Who can coach a team when 80% of the team is new season after season. Aside from Lebron and AD every year he has to start with a new team. And then, a season after they were up 2-1 against the team that made it to the finals before AD got hurt, they decide to trade/not resign all the scrappy younger guys from last year for over the hill dudes that haven't ever played defense or can't play defense anymore. 

2 hours ago, tennischmp said:

I don't blame Vogel one bit. He's been done dirty by the organization. Who can coach a team when 80% of the team is new season after season. Aside from Lebron and AD every year he has to start with a new team. And then, a season after they were up 2-1 against the team that made it to the finals before AD got hurt, they decide to trade/not resign all the scrappy younger guys from last year for over the hill dudes that haven't ever played defense or can't play defense anymore. 

Myself, I’m half and half on Vogel.

The Westbrook trade was ill advised, given the salary owed him and how it crippled their ability to play defense and add another solid two way player.

But, bad defense is also partly on the coach in how he is teaching it.

Any way you cut it, 26-31 for a proud franchise with two superstars is never acceptable.

54 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Myself, I’m half and half on Vogel.

The Westbrook trade was ill advised, given the salary owed him and how it crippled their ability to play defense and add another solid two way player.

But, bad defense is also partly on the coach in how he is teaching it.

Any way you cut it, 26-31 for a proud franchise with two superstars is never acceptable.

Frank had them as one of the best defensive team last 2 seasons, he didn't just forget how to coach defense. Look at the team:

AD: best defender, elite

Lebron: old, doesn't play much defense anymore (compared to past 2 years)

Westbrook: never played a lick of defense

Monk: never really played much defense

Melo: never played defense and old

Bradley: good defender but old

Ariza: good defender but old

DJ: old

Dwight: old

THT: young, not a good defender 

Can't teach defense to guys that are old or those that haven't played any they whole careers. Only person on that list that can be taught is Monk and THT.

Saw this on Facebook:

- Nearly deal Kyle Kuzma and Montrezl Harrell for Buddy Hield.

- Should accept Raptors trade demand; Dennis Schroder, Talen Horton-Tucker, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and No.22 pick for Kyle Lowry via sign & trade.

- DeMar DeRozan taking paycut in free agency to join LeBron, AD and to reunite with Lowry.

- They could resign Alex Caruso into a decent contract.

Potential Starting Lineup if happens

PG: Kyle Lowry

SG: Buddy Hield

SF: DeMar DeRozan

PF: LeBron James

😄 Anthony Davis

Trading for Westbrook was a mistake.  I was lukewarm about it but was willing to give it time initially, but that time has passed.  WB is hard to watch most of the time, between not committing to doing the little things (like playing great defense!)....to continual poor decision making and execution...to being a horrible shooter from literally any range.  We cannot trade him for anything decent.  Best we could hope for is to trade him for someone with a equally horrible contract who would graciously accept a role and commit to that role.  But, we'd likely have to kick in a draft pick to get that done.

Is the Buss family hurting that much financially?   Scared to take on luxury tax?

Christian Wood fits what they need, with Davis’ injury proneness.

I just had to add this one.

Things that happened more often than AD getting hurt?    I got nothing.   Sam Bowie reincarnated, more talent than Bowie but has the same injury problems.

Edited by Angel Oracle

• 2 weeks later...

One thought being thrown out there is to stretch out Westbrook’s remaining year of salary in 2022-23, like they did with Luol Deng, and let Westbrook walk after this season.

The salary cap is then such that they can bring in a key rotation piece plus a mid-level exception, and of course decent to solid defense and 3 pt shooting required, things Westbrook sorely lacks.

Edited by Angel Oracle

On 3/3/2022 at 12:58 PM, Angel Oracle said:

One thought being thrown out there is to stretch out Westbrook’s remaining year of salary in 2022-23, like they did with Luol Deng, and let Westbrook walk after this season.

The salary cap is then such that they can bring in a key rotation piece plus a mid-level exception, and of course decent to solid defense and 3 pt shooting required, things Westbrook sorely lacks.

Well considering they are still paying Deng for that awful contract, it is only fitting they do the same with Westbrook, right as Deng's salary falls of the books next year. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

That's a non sequitur. The possibility of that same injury happening as a Laker are completely unknowable. The injury happened in a specific game at a specific time in circumstances not repeatable. 

Then we shouldn't ever take  a player's injury history into account.