• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

4 minutes ago, Lou said:

Also, I really don't think it matters who starts. 

Sure it does, it's a huge slap in the face to a guy who has showed huge improved both years in the league, started the most games last year and was their 2nd best player. It should be his spot to lose 

2 minutes ago, tennischmp said:

Yes and no. It's also about strategy, they need to spread the floor, Boogie can't shoot 3s. Lebron is at his best when you give him the ball, put 4 shooters around the perimeter and let him go to work

Sounds good in theory, but AD won't be standing out on the perimeter while LeBron "goes to work"

Also, you need players that'll hit the boards. With AD, LeBron and Boogie, the Lakers will clean up. 

9 minutes ago, Lou said:

Sounds good in theory, but AD won't be standing out on the perimeter while LeBron "goes to work"

Also, you need players that'll hit the boards. With AD, LeBron and Boogie, the Lakers will clean up. 

Sure AD won't be won't be standing out on the perimeter all the time but at least when he does, teams will have to respect his shot and the ability of taking the ball off the dribble. Boogie, not so much, he will either clog the paint or be left wide open behind the arc. AD, Lebron and Kuzma are more than capable to getting the boards and adds another shooter the the offense

48 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

Well his overall defense can’t be counted on. You have these stretch fives scattered around the league, you just set a pick and then he’s one on one with a permitter player. 

This, along with the current minutes capability, are my two main worries.    Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to have him aboard. 

Offensively, he can still put the ball in the basket well and rebound well.  

Defensively, he is a definite question mark.   Granted the much improved perimeter defense (Bradley and Green) will help out. 

Plus, he only played 30 games a year ago due to recovery from surgery.    Can he play 20-25 min/game for at least 70-75 games, and have enough left for the post-season?

It does help to also have AD, McGee, and Kuz holding down those two post spots.   Maybe they will only need Boogie for 20 min/game max? 

9 minutes ago, Lou said:

I bet Boogie starts 

Kuz is capable of starting at SF, since Lebron is moving to PG.   That leaves AD, Boogie, and McGee (plus several min from Kuz) to man the two post spots.   

I'm guessing that the roster looks like?

Post players - AD/Boogie/McGee/several min from Kuz

SF - Kuz/Dudley

SG - Green/KCP/Caruso

PG - Lebron/Bradley/Cook/Rondo  

Personally I would have Kuzma come off the bench and be the leader and scorer on the 2nd team.  The 2nd team could be really solid offensively but a train wreck defensively.  

Starters:

Boogie

AD

Lebron

Green

Bradley

2nd Team:

McGee

Dudley

Kuzma

KCP

Rondo/Caruso

I think I got most of the important guys.