• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

20-3, tied with the Bucks for best record and maybe tying the franchise’s previous best record after 23 games.  
They were also 20-3 in the 1971-72 season.   Of course, 19 more consecutive wins happened that year on the way to 33.

Top five MVP votes currently (no particular order) are AD, LBJ, Greek Freak, Doncic, and Harden?

34 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

20-3, tied with the Bucks for best record and maybe tying the franchise’s previous best record after 23 games.  
They were also 20-3 in the 1971-72 season.   Of course, 19 more consecutive wins happened that year on the way to 33.

Top five MVP votes currently (no particular order) are AD, LBJ, Greek Freak, Doncic, and Harden?

@Angel Oracle thinking about the '71 Lakers season

hilarious the hangover GIF

22 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Luka Doncic and a bad 3rd quarter are all that kept the Lakers from having a current 14 game winning streak.

Yeah, I didn't see the game and just kind of score checked as the Chiefs game was on at the same time. Was curious as to how the game played out.

82 pts combined for AD and LBJ, and LBJ continues to lead the league in assists.

How long has it been since the Lakers scored 281 pts over 2 consecutive games?

21-3, heading back out on the road

Looking forward to the Lakers on Christmas Day avenging the opening night loss to that other LA team

Updated status on Bradley should be coming real soon.   As good as they are currently, perimeter defense is the one thing needing to be shored up, and Bradley helps with that.

Edited by Angel Oracle

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

I agree

Not that Pau Gasol is on the same level as AD, but it for me it reminds me personally when they snagged him. Stats are one thing, but watching them throughout a full game, you appreciate how smart of players they are. Always finding themselves in the right spot.

Tough loss by 3 pts. last night, although coming without AD and Kuz

Pacers are 19-9, not bad to take them to the wire without those two players.     Lakers did lead 100-95 with 3 min to play, and then were outscored 10-2 the rest of the game.

Both the Lakers and the Bucks are 24-4 heading into the showdown tomorrow evening.    I hope AD is good to play.

On 7/9/2019 at 12:15 AM, Lou said:

Ok, but my problem is with Ervin and his his oversized ego. 

He needs to stick to movie theaters.

"This team would not be in the position it's in without me," Johnson told Bill Plaschke of The Los Angeles Times.

Johnson cited his free-agency recruitment of LeBron James, the cap-clearing moves he and general manager Rob Pelinka made to accommodate James' contract, and drafting the assets needed to complete the Anthony Davis blockbuster deal for getting the Lakers to where they are now.

"This was my strategy, this is what I thought we'd be in three years," Johnson said. "I knew we were on the right track. Everybody wanted to do it their way, but I'm good with who I am. ... I think people respect what I've done for the team."

We're a contender for the title as is.  We've played the most games on the road in the NBA.  We nearly beat a good eastern team on their floor without arguably our best player (at least 1B to Lebron's 1A) and played a piss-poor 1st half against Milwaukee on their floor and nearly came back from it.  Not that I disagree with Tennischmp's issues with the team, those being addressed would help significantly.

Gotta keep in mind that this is a team that has played together for 30 games.

Uncle Dennis wanted a lot from the Los Angeles Lakers this summer.

Dennis Robertson, the infamous relative and confidant of Los Angeles Clippers star Kawhi Leonard, who accompanied the forward during his free-agency negotiations, asked Lakers owner Jeanie Buss for part ownership of the franchise, a private plane, a house, and guaranteed endorsement money if Leonard signed with the team, reports Sam Amick of The Athletic.

Robertson reportedly made the requests on three separate occasions during phone calls with Buss. However, the longtime Lakers executive rejected his demands as they would violate the NBA's collective bargaining agreement.

Leonard's uncle apparently went as far as to ask why the Lakers gave Magic Johnson an ownership stake after the team legend was forced to retire in 1991 following his HIV diagnosis.

The NBA investigated the Clippers after Leonard agreed to a three-year, $103-million deal with the team. Complaints were thereafter made about Robertson's demands, sources told Amick.

The probe found no evidence that the Clippers approved Robertson's demands, but commissioner Adam Silver will open the investigation again if new information comes to light, according to Amick.

This is not the first time that reports have surfaced of unauthorized proposals by Robertson.

In July, he also made "unreasonable" requests of the Toronto Raptors that even team president Masai Ujiri was unable to fulfill. While those demands were never revealed, they are said to be similar to what he asked of the Lakers, sources told Amick.