• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What value does Trumbo bring to this team other than raw power?

Terrible plate discipline, pulls the ball way too much, below average ML defense at 1B and nothing spectacular in the OF, major inconsistencies resulting in month long slumps that really hinders our lineups production when he's K'ing in RISP situations.

Why is this guy ''untouchable'' again? Ship him in a package with Aybar or Kendrick and acquire some god damn pitching for the love of god. 

If you look at his WAR values across the three calculations of it, he is basically a consistent 2.5 win player for three years running. That is nothing to sneeze at. It also isn't anything worth hoarding. He may be a one trick pony, but it is a really good trick. A trick that some teams might overvalue and I think the Angels are one of those teams.

Angelswin.com

It's like a kindergarten.  When a kid is playing quite happily with his toy.  Then he sees another kid playing with another toy and automatically thinks his toy is not fun anymore.  Goes out and takes the other kids toy.  Then realizes, this toy isn't fun at all, I'd much rather have had the other toy I threw away.  Then starts crying and throwing a hissy fit.

My favorite part of this thread is when HOA says he pulls the ball too much, LT gives him a link to Trumbo's spray chart, which basically proved him wrong, then HOA says and I quote, "cool story bro", as if he brought up something completely off subject. Trumbo brings power, which isn't that easy to find. Something else not mentioned in this thread is he seems to be growing into one of the leaders on this team. I have no problem trading him, but it has to be for the right piece. I don't expect a great pitcher or great pitching prospect for him but I would expect a very solid club controlled pitcher for him. He has more value to the Angels than bringing in a league average number four starter.