• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Callaspo Traded for A's Grant Green

Oh ok. I still think that the A's did fine with this trade.

it doesnt make a big difference either way (for the A's at least)..they could have just got something better than callaspo. A right handed 1b would have been nice.

I see. A guy who, in his AL career, has posted an OPS+ of 101 should never have been a starter in the league and deserves all this venom and vitriol on his way out the door (it's like some of you just couldn't wait to kick him in the ass on his way out).

I for one, have kicked him for years...as usual, the majority is catching on a few years later.

Man, that must be a crazy feeling to be pulled in the middle of a game, not getting to say "see ya" to your teammates and then all of the sudden being in first place.

Callaspo has so little personality it may take them a while to notice he's gone.  

Alfredo Griffin is one of the only assistants on this team that I have faith in.  I think if anyone can clean up Green's fielding, he can.  Howie was pretty borderline early in his career and has developed into an above average defender.

From BA:

Green has had no issues at the plate since Oakland signed him for $2.75 million as the 13th overall pick in 2009, batting .302/.348/.461 in the minors. But he has journeyed all over the diamond in a quest to find a defensive home. He started as a shortstop, moved to center field in mid-2011 and played five different positions in 2012 before settling on second base.

Scouting Report: Green is a pure hitter who can recognize and square up a variety of pitches. He has an easy, line-drive stroke and makes hard contact to all fields. The A’s looked to get him to drive more balls by widening his stance after the 2011 season, and while that helped, his power still won’t be better than average. Moving back to the middle of the infield, Green looked more comfortable than he had through his series of position changes. His arm was a question mark at shortstop but is fine at second base, and he has good hands, enough range and solid instincts for turning the double play. He’s an average runner.

Beane smells the playoffs and Callaspo is the typical Bean type of player, decent OBP, lots of BB.  Plus Callaspo's defensive abiltiies have grown, I'm willing to be he'll make an above average defensive 2B by next season.  

As for Green, love what I see, and I think he can be an everyday SS.