• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Callaspo Traded for A's Grant Green

If we're just trying to shed salary then it's a good trade for me.  Otherwise it's just 'meh' at best.

In my mind we traded a proven MLB 3B for some kid that doesn't really play any position very well.  Arm too weak for SS, but ok for 2B.  I would have liked the trade better if we got a pitching prospect rather than a MIF prospect.

I don't understand why many here like this trade so much.  I get that there's some Callaspo hate, and there are those who want to blow up the team just to see what happens.

Not saying Callaspo is a great 3B, but he's a MLB starting 3B.

I hear people saying, "Callaspo is an A's type of player," well what does that mean?  He gets on base and plays decent defense?

Whatever.

I guess you haven't read about Green's potential with the bat.

In my mind we traded a proven MLB 3B for some kid that doesn't really play any position very well.  Arm too weak for SS, but ok for 2B.  I would have liked the trade better if we got a pitching prospect rather than a MIF prospect.

I don't understand why many here like this trade so much.  I get that there's some Callaspo hate, and there are those who want to blow up the team just to see what happens.

Not saying Callaspo is a great 3B, but he's a MLB starting 3B."

Callaspo was bench player allowed to start at 3B.  It was like the equivalent of "Aybar you play SS, Kendrick go to 2B and, um, who gets 3B?  Let's see...(clicks tongue) Callaspo, I guess".  The only thing the guy did well was not strike out...he has no speed, power, or arm, he was defensively average at every position he played and his play was declining at 3B.  Green can hit, is younger, cheaper, and still has upside...we've already seen Callaspo upside. 

If we're just trying to shed salary then it's a good trade for me. Otherwise it's just 'meh' at best.

In my mind we traded a proven MLB 3B for some kid that doesn't really play any position very well. Arm too weak for SS, but ok for 2B. I would have liked the trade better if we got a pitching prospect rather than a MIF prospect.

I don't understand why many here like this trade so much. I get that there's some Callaspo hate, and there are those who want to blow up the team just to see what happens.

Not saying Callaspo is a great 3B, but he's a MLB starting 3B.

I hear people saying, "Callaspo is an A's type of player," well what does that mean? He gets on base and plays decent defense?

Whatever.

He's not a MLB starter, he should be nothing more than a bench player. He has a .670 OPS this year and put up a .690 Last year. This trade was great

He's not a MLB starter, he should be nothing more than a bench player. He has a .670 OPS this year and put up a .690 Last year. This trade was great

He's going to be starting for the first-place A's

According to Alden Gonzalez, he's going to be playing 2B which leads me to believe Howie is gone.  If it's not today, then he'll be gone in the off season.  I'm going to guess the Angels see Lucho as their 3B whenever he comes back from the DL and maybe even next year.

Even with Lindsey basically ready for AAA?    He could be MLB ready by mid-2014.

Green's better position is 3B.   How many good 2B have been at least 6-3?