• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sad News about Our Brother Lou (iebruin)

• stpat373 changed the title to Sad News about Our Brother Lou (iebruin)
16 minutes ago, stpat373 said:

My name it's Patrick (known as PJ) to my brother Lou. My family and I have been following this since it was first posted and even created accounts. Most know by now that Lou passed peacefully in his sleep on August 8th at approximately 5pm while The Ocho was on TV (c'mon, you know he loved all sports even the weird ones, like Cricket). He constantly bragged about AngelsWin, all the fun times he had here and the trips to watch The Halos play, home and away with you guys. You all were his extended family and loved every minute he spent on here. To see him spend his last several days reading your posts and thoughts about him brought a smile (and tears) to his face, as it did his brothers and sister. All of us have also been keeping up with this post and you will never know how much we appreciate the love, memories, thoughts and especially the pictures you have shared. Our greatest memory with him was being in the front row at the left field foul pole for the Angels 2002 World Series win. All of us hugging and crying tears of joy at the site we thought we would never see. Close 2nd was Barry Bonds flipping us off during the game because Lou kept leading our entire section in a "sterrrroooooids!" chant while we were jamming a Thunderstick into our arms. Honor him by keeping his memory and stories alive. Celebrate his life. "LouDogg" was a smartass until the end and continued to make us laugh until his last breath.

Sincerely, 

The Garcia Family 

GO HALOS

Thanks, PJ. My condolences to you and his loved ones. Lou will always have a place in our hearts.

Hi Patrick,

My deepest condolences to you and your family.

Lou was our version of Cal Ripken Jr., the "Iron Man"... incredibly consistent with his opinion and humor.

I'll miss him, he was loved.

Take care of yourselves, thanks for sharing him with us.

Beautiful, touching, heartfelt tribute. 

Sharing sports passion can be a great way to communicate and extend one's knowledge and perspective. Especially with people from different locations and backgrounds. And also a lot of fun and humor. 

I'm glad your brother maximized enjoyment and rode this wave to the end. 

@stpat373 thank you so much for posting here and keeping us informed. 

Lou made me feel like we'd been friends since childhood. No one made me laugh like he did. I loved talking with him any time we could. He was a great guy, and I know how much he loved his family. May the peace of God be with each of you as go through this process.

If theres any kind of service for him, I'd love to go if it's open to the public.

@stpat373, as I said in the other thread, thank you so much reaching out to us directly. I guess it "feels" like a bit more closure to hear from you, Lou's blood.

Your brother was LOVED on here. And still will be.

Glad he's not suffering anymore. And I hope you and your family are OK. You guys hang tough.

Please dont be a stranger.