• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sad News about Our Brother Lou (iebruin)

9 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I also want to add here that it makes me smile to know Lou saw what we were saying, and that his family was able to, as well.

Just wish Lou would have called us all dumbass one last time.

8 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I agree

I see what you did there @AngelsLakersFan.  So good.

PJ, my deepest sympathy to the family.

In common with many people here, although I never met Lou in person, I felt like I knew him. His sarcasm was an art form. It was amusing to watch him toy with the occasional newcomer who mistakenly believed that he would get the best of Lou. His takes on the Angels were simultaneously amazing and amusing.

We are all richer for him having been here, and poorer for him being gone. Thank you for sharing him with us. I hope that you stay with us, and let us know how the family is doing from time to time.

I am saddened to learn of his passing. Thank you so much for sharing with us about your dear brother. I have nothing but respect for Lou. He leaves a lasting legacy here. He will be in our hearts. It is evident that he was blessed by a thoughtful and loving family. May the Lord comfort you and your family, PJ. We would love for you to become part of ours here at AngelsWin. Lou brought honor,  intelligence, and wit. Thank you again.

On 8/11/2023 at 5:17 PM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

PJ, my deepest sympathy to the family.

In common with many people here, although I never met Lou in person, I felt like I knew him. His sarcasm was an art form. It was amusing to watch him toy with the occasional newcomer who mistakenly believed that he would get the best of Lou. His takes on the Angels were simultaneously amazing and amusing.

We are all richer for him having been here, and poorer for him being gone. Thank you for sharing him with us. I hope that you stay with us, and let us know how the family is doing from time to time.

“I agree” - Lou 

@stpat373 we just had a zoom meeting wake for your brother. Some of the oldest members of Angelswin dating back to the ESPN boards were there to toast Lou and share stories. He not only will be missed but is missed and in our hearts daily. 

“Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”

That is a quote from John Wooden but it reminds me of Lou.

Please share our respects. Amen.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sometimes now, without Lou, it feels like this place is like someone trying to do their job with one arm missing.  

I know as part of life we have to get used to losing people but there really is a hole here.  I miss getting random messages from him.  I miss him calling people out for delusional nonsense.  I just miss him being around.

He was the heart and soul of this forum and now he's gone. No one can fill his shoes. 

I miss him. He was an advocate for my mental health and often scolded me when I "joked" about it. I didn't deserve that but he was there for me regardless. 

There's so many things I wish I could say to him. I took his presence for granted and I hate myself for that.