• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Sale Prediction Thread

3 hours ago, aznhockeyguy said:

It's not everyday a team goes on sale.  Angels are in a prime place (SoCal) and good fandom.  Since Moreno is a greedy fuck that doesn't give a shit, I don't think it'll be the Samueli family because it might be out of their price range as the price will approach 3 billion.  It'll most likely be a hedge fund owner like Cohen or Guggenheim group. 

I was thinking the same thing.  If Moreno cares about what's best for the Angels, it'll be to a guy like Samueli for a reasonable price.  If it's about the $$, it'll have to be a group like a hedge fund.  

But the thing is, hedge funds might not see it as a good investment.  Where as the Dodgers are a top tier team with a legion of loyal subjects.  The Angels 3 million are more of a marketing number.  

It would be funny if no one bids.

13 minutes ago, DrAngelsFever said:

GOD NO to Elon Musk!!!!!  He practically burned down Twitter!!!!!

The Elon Musk approach: announce bid for team all over social media, get tons of praise, go into exclusivity. Two days before close, pull offer after waking up with a bad hangover or because he's bored or in a bad mood or something, causing most of the teams assets to be dissolved and the team to be relocated while being put under the stewardship of Manfred directly

11 hours ago, T.G. said:

Oprah is going to buy the Angels and make Dr. Oz the team physician and Dr. Phil the team psychologist.

You get a ring. 

You get a ring... 

And you get a ring...

Everyone gets a ring.

Tatis could probably afford to buy in with his contract. Then everyone gets ringworm

(Stolen joke from somebody else on here the other day)

2 hours ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Arte will sell it to the highest bidder, but a part of me hopes that Arte has a heart to make sure the purchaser will spend top $ and help this team be a sustainable winner. 

I’m not sure I’d trust Arte’s judgement on deciding who would be the best owner for the Angels going forward.

Highest bidder likely means the most motivated owner going forward.

2 hours ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Arte will sell it to the highest bidder, but a part of me hopes that Arte has a heart to make sure the purchaser will spend top $ and help this team be a sustainable winner. 

I hope he realizes the fans deserve that and the market this team is in calls for that. 

Arte didn't care about that as the owner so I don't see him caring about that with the new owner