• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Sale Prediction Thread

I know there's been a lot of free financial advice on this board to Mr. Moreno on how he should sell the team.   This is a dicey situation, it can be a "be careful what you wish for" scenario.  I also follow the English Premiere League (Tottenham) and what's happened to the Manchester United team since the Glazers bought the team scares me.  While Mr. Moreno may have a shitty baseball organization in place, he isn't afraid to write a significant check for a big name.  I for one don't have the time or energy to protest with y'all at the stadium in the event a cheap owner buys the team.  

1 hour ago, rafibomb said:

A-Rod and Marc Lore purchased the Timberwolves at the beginning of last season from a TERRIBLE Moreno’esque owner (I’m a Timberwolves fan yes I know) and the team has been experiencing an unprecedented turnaround.  I have seen firsthand how much leaving bad ownership can do for an organization and I’m excited to see the same for the Angels.

Damn how did you become an Angels and twolves fan?

Thoughts and prayers

7 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Gonna laugh my ass off IF Carpino puts together a group and the only thing that changes is the name at the top.

IP has a dark side.  When the authorities come asking questions about him in the future, I'm not going to be the guy who says..."I had no idea..." - I'll be the guy saying, "Yeah, I saw it coming."

1 hour ago, 79CAAman said:

I know there's been a lot of free financial advice on this board to Mr. Moreno on how he should sell the team.   This is a dicey situation, it can be a "be careful what you wish for" scenario.  I also follow the English Premiere League (Tottenham) and what's happened to the Manchester United team since the Glazers bought the team scares me.  While Mr. Moreno may have a shitty baseball organization in place, he isn't afraid to write a significant check for a big name.  I for one don't have the time or energy to protest with y'all at the stadium in the event a cheap owner buys the team.  

The Glazers have brought a ton of expensive big names to Man U. They just haven't worked out. Pogba and Ronaldo to name a few. It's the same as the Angels. 

Anyway, the Glazers have been using Man U like an ATM, accruing a lot of debt and taking cash out. It's like the McCourts. Arte never did that. But I am hoping we don't have a worst case scenario here.

14 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

The Glazers have brought a ton of expensive big names to Man U. They just haven't worked out. Pogba and Ronaldo to name a few. It's the same as the Angels. 

Anyway, the Glazers have been using Man U like an ATM, accruing a lot of debt and taking cash out. It's like the McCourts. Arte never did that. But I am hoping we don't have a worst case scenario here.

Aww... I forgot about the McCourts.  Damn, things could get worse for our beloved Angels.  

I am guessing this might already be close to a done deal.  I think as part of the due diligence process for mlb, it can't be a backroom deal and the opportunity needs to be made public.  

So look for it to be an ownership group or individual who has been associated with Arte in the past.  Someone with AZ ties perhaps.  

Also, it wouldn't surprise me if some of the new group is Latino.  I think Arte took great pride as a Latino sports owner and may want that legacy to continue.  

oh and 3b

9 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

I am guessing this might already be close to a done deal.  I think as part of the due diligence process for mlb, it can't be a backroom deal and the opportunity needs to be made public.  

So look for it to be an ownership group or individual who has been associated with Arte in the past.  Someone with AZ ties perhaps.  

Also, it wouldn't surprise me if some of the new group is Latino.  I think Arte took great pride as a Latino sports owner and may want that legacy to continue.  

oh and 3b

Yep the way the press release was written makes me think the same. Not sure about the Latino stuff though. I don’t think Arte gives a shit about that.