• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Sale Prediction Thread

Just now, Chuckster70 said:

Ballmer or Musk would be legit! 

You sold him on baseball ideas! Musk is a weird dude...you need to let him know that if he buys the stadium as well he can put an atom collider around the stadium and build a "boring" tunnel from LAX to the stadium. Also he can change the name of the city to XB1A.

6 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

What if Stan Kroenke buys the team and the land? He's been known to do stuff like that.

Personally I think a partnership will buy the team.

His EPL team is on the rise and his hockey team just destroyed the NHL. And I think his football team had a decent season 

4 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Hasnt Arod been wanting to purchase ownership in a team? Would you boo the hell out of an owner like that?

A-Rod and Marc Lore purchased the Timberwolves at the beginning of last season from a TERRIBLE Moreno’esque owner (I’m a Timberwolves fan yes I know) and the team has been experiencing an unprecedented turnaround.  I have seen firsthand how much leaving bad ownership can do for an organization and I’m excited to see the same for the Angels.

Edited by rafibomb

Owners who make sense:

1. Samuelies (probably a partnership) - They own the Ducks and are developing the area around the Pond. They have a knowledge about how to work with Anaheim. 

2. Ballmer - has the money and is interested in sports and has a connection with the LA area

3. Cuban (in partnership) - has wanted to own an MLB team for a long time and tried to buy the Dodgers

4. Kroeke - See Balmer, but with much much less money. I don't see it with him just because he's not that much wealthier than the Samuelis. I'm not waiving off $3 billion, but it's just with the potential headaches of the development, it seems like the Samuelis are much more tied to the community and it makes it worth more to them.

I think the team goes for $2.5 billion

Throwing some names against the wall.... Alex Meruelo, who owns the hockey team in Arizona.  He tried to purchase the Atlanta Hawks, but was turned down. He is from So. Cal.  He doesn't have enough net worth himself, but could be a part of an ownership group.

Phillip Anschutz - Huge sports and entertainment guy... owns the LA Kings and is a minority owner of the Lakers.

Patrick Soon-Shiong - one of the wealthiest in L.A. Minority owner of the Lakers.  Probably more of a basketball and football fan though.

Ed Roski - could partner with Anschutz.  He's a miinority owner of the Kings and Lakers.

I'm guessing it will be an ownership group

Edited by T.G.

It's not everyday a team goes on sale.  Angels are in a prime place (SoCal) and good fandom.  Since Moreno is a greedy fuck that doesn't give a shit, I don't think it'll be the Samueli family because it might be out of their price range as the price will approach 3 billion.  It'll most likely be a hedge fund owner like Cohen or Guggenheim group. 

26 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

His EPL team is on the rise and his hockey team just destroyed the NHL. And I think his football team had a decent season 

He had a decent season, only won two of the USAs four biggest sports’ ultimate prize.

Nuggets are a solid NBA team too, with the best player in the league, Nikola Jokic.

Edited by Angel Oracle

6 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

Owners who make sense:

1. Samuelies (probably a partnership) - They own the Ducks and are developing the area around the Pond. They have a knowledge about how to work with Anaheim. 

2. Ballmer - has the money and is interested in sports and has a connection with the LA area

3. Cuban (in partnership) - has wanted to own an MLB team for a long time and tried to buy the Dodgers

4. Kroeke - See Balmer, but with much much less money. I don't see it with him just because he's not that much wealthier than the Samuelis. I'm not waiving off $3 billion, but it's just with the potential headaches of the development, it seems like the Samuelis are much more tied to the community and it makes it worth more to them.

I think the team goes for $2.5 billion

I think the Samuelies make the most sense from a community standpoint as well. i get the feeling that Ohtani sees this as the time to sell because you can sell the marketing piece of Ohtani and let the new owner decide the direction. They could easily give Ohtani 40M a year and stay under the salary cap. Moreno has never wanted to push the budget that high.

19 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

I think the Samuelies make the most sense from a community standpoint as well. i get the feeling that Ohtani sees this as the time to sell because you can sell Ohtani and let the new owner decide the direction. They could easily give Ohtani 40M a year and stay under the salary cap. Moreno has never wanted to push the budget that high.

The Samuelis would need additional part-owners to create more net worth to work from.   If doing that, they would be a solid second choice.

Ballmer is in a different league, as rich as any pro sports owner in the USA, aside from Paul Allen.

Edited by Angel Oracle

13 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

The Samuelis would need additional part-owners to create more net worth to work from.   If doing that, they would be a solid second choice.

Ballmer is in a different league, as rich as any pro sports owner in the USA.

If Ballmer buys the team does he build a new stadium in LA?