• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Sale Prediction Thread

7 minutes ago, T.G. said:

If the sale does indeed take 1-2 years and results in Ohtani leaving, will Angels fans feel like Arte selling the team is worth losing Ohtani?

I can’t speak for all Angels fans, but I think it’d be more than worth it.

Also, it’s not like Ohtani would be guaranteed to stay if Arte didn’t sell the team.

China Loop GIF by xponentialdesign

Also, I learned something in this meme search. Giphy is horribly woke. Type in Marxism or Communism and they show nothing but memes painting it in a positive light. Type in capitalism and it's pretty much all about how oppressive it is. They control what can and can't be used. Evil. 

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

It’s not solely up to Arte or the highest bidder. The MLB ownership can cock block.  Gotta make sense. Rich dudes screwing over rich dudes.  Someone with a beef with Arte could make it difficult.  

If someone has a beef with Arte, wouldn't they want to vote in a new ownership group ASAP so they no longer have to deal with Arte?

4 hours ago, Second Base said:

China Loop GIF by xponentialdesign

Also, I learned something in this meme search. Giphy is horribly woke. Type in Marxism or Communism and they show nothing but memes painting it in a positive light. Type in capitalism and it's pretty much all about how oppressive it is. They control what can and can't be used. Evil. 

Apparently some people don't know the real meaning of woke, only the right wing translation of it.

On 8/23/2022 at 11:19 AM, failos said:

3 billion

mets sold for 2.4 billion at the end of 2020. hard to imagine the angels selling for more, but who knows. i think they sell for right about their listed value 2.2

i wouldn't be surprised if the sale process slows or stalls due to bids not meeting arte's expectations. it is however a finite opportunity.

6 hours ago, rottiesworld said:

Also if the team is sold Ohtani might signed for a extra year to see what the owners do with the team and players and see if the team improves with the new owners.

nope. no way. he's not giving up a year of his prime FA just to see if the angels get their shit together. also, i think the expected sale process was said to be about 4-7 months. the year thing was started here on angelswin.

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

The Angels are bought up by a real Mexican, Carlos Slim Helú and are relocated south of the border. 

On 8/23/2022 at 4:45 PM, Lou said:

I'm meeting with Carlos Slim next week.

11 hours ago, ukyah said:

mets sold for 2.4 billion at the end of 2020. hard to imagine the angels selling for more, but who knows. i think they sell for right about their listed value 2.2

The Mets tv deal pales in comparison to ours. Also, Forbes has estimated their 2022 operating losses at $96M and ours at $2M. 

I think Arte gets more than the Mets sold for.