• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Sale Prediction Thread

7 hours ago, Lou said:

The Mets tv deal pales in comparison to ours. Also, Forbes has estimated their 2022 operating losses at $96M and ours at $2M. 

I think Arte gets more than the Mets sold for. 

wow, that's interesting. seems inverted to my "common sense", but that just illustrates even more so how the angels should be a sterling franchise opportunity for a new owner. i'm surprised then that ballmer, cuban and some of the other "names" said they were out so quickly and decisively.

1 hour ago, ukyah said:

i'm surprised then that ballmer, cuban and some of the other "names" said they were out so quickly and decisively.

Owning a professional sports team is more an ego thing than a money  maker, generally speaking. Any profit is not realized until the team is sold. 

1 hour ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Owning a professional sports team is more an ego thing than a money  maker, generally speaking. Any profit is not realized until the team is sold. 

Except in the case of the angels.  According to leaked documents years ago, Arte was paying himself $20 million a season.  Not a bad racket, considering he bought the Angels for $180 million. 

https://www.scribd.com/embeds/68522636/content?start_page=1&view_mode=list&access_key=key-22q9h12ipr6k79j2ain1&secret_password=2fz6h9oi8exmmc3oo654

Page 5, changes in partners capital.

3 hours ago, Tank said:

Question: for whoever buys the angels, are the angels minor league teams included in the sale? 

@Inside Pitch @Docwaukee @Dave Saltzer

The Angels current minor league teams will still be affiliated with the Angels, regardless of the owner.

The Angels current minor league teams, with the exception of the ACL Angels and DSL Angels, are owned by different ownership groups in their respective cities. So the Angels don’t own them and won’t own them unless they buy them in a separate transaction.

3 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

i don't believe that for one second. the accounting practices of mlb, etc. are all bullshit wrapped in dogshit. they are making money hand over fist from one season to the next. 

5 hours ago, Tank said:

Question: for whoever buys the angels, are the angels minor league teams included in the sale? 

@Inside Pitch @Docwaukee @Dave Saltzer

it is my understanding that the minor league clubs themselves ie ballparks and facilities are owned and operated independently while the players, coaches and staff have agreements with the parent club that would be included as part of any sale.  I also presume that any and all agreements between the main club and minor league facilities would transfer to new ownership.  

4 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

it is my understanding that the minor league clubs themselves ie ballparks and facilities are owned and operated independently while the players, coaches and staff have agreements with the parent club that would be included as part of any sale.  I also presume that any and all agreements between the main club and minor league facilities would transfer to new ownership.  

Most minor league teams are independently owned and operated. The ACL Angels and DSL Angels are the only teams that I think the Angels own. The players are controlled by the team, so they won't be leaving

The agreements tying the Minor League teams to us are usually for 2 years, and rarely for 4 years. The affiliations would transfer to a new owner.  If a Minor League team wanted to switch, they would have to find a new ML organization that wants to affiliate with them, and then there will be a reshuffling of the deck. 

12 hours ago, ukyah said:

wow, that's interesting. seems inverted to my "common sense", but that just illustrates even more so how the angels should be a sterling franchise opportunity for a new owner. i'm surprised then that ballmer, cuban and some of the other "names" said they were out so quickly and decisively.

the only name that decisively said they were out is cuban which is a good thing.