• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

22 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

With the season over, how's your guys top 10 looking like?

here's mine;

1. O'hoppe (55)

2. Neto (55)

3. Quero (55) 

4. Bush (50)

5. Silseth (50)

6.  Bachman (50)

7. Marceaux (45)

8. Placenia (45)

9. Paris (45)

10. Joyce (45) 

of topic, this top 10 looks amazing, 7 out of the top 10 are already in AA and close to the majors! 

That's close to mine, though I'd probably put Paris at #7 and maybe drop Neto and Quero to 50+ and Bachman to 45+. Oh, I'd also get Werner Blakely in there somehow, pushing one of Marceaux, Placencia, or Joyce out of the top 10. I'd also be tempted to put Rada in there, but it is probably too soon to rank him in the top 10.

8 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

1. O'Hoppe
2. Neto
3. Silseth

4. Quero
5. Paris
6. Bush
7. Blakely
8. Placencia
9. Jackson
10. Erla

Bachman sitting 91 and profiling as a RP isn't in my top 10, maybe not even my top 20.   He needs to show the velocity is still there before I buy in.

Agreed that Bachman needs to stay healthy first.

4 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Does Erla project as a possible Scot Shields clone in the pen?

Erla has injury concerns of his own like Bachman, he's maybe missed even more time as a college player than Bachman did.  But he's seemingly overcome them and not seen his stuff completely crater -- aslo has a bigger selection of pitchers currently.  As far as being a Shields clone -- I don't think we will see one of those for a long long time.  His ability to pitch 24/7 365 was pretty unique.  Stuff and mound presence -- Crow at times reminds me of Shields and he may end up better suited to that role.   

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

Erla has injury concerns of his own like Bachman, he's maybe missed even more time as a college player than Bachman did.  But he's seemingly overcome them and not seen his stuff completely crater.  As far as being a Shields clone -- I don't think we will see one of those for a long long time.  His ability to pitch 24/7 365 was pretty unique.  Stuff and mound presence -- Crow at times reminds me of Shields and he may end up better suited to that role.   

Crow’s slider is that good?

Shields only sat on 92-94, correct?  The slider made him?

Edited by Angel Oracle

4 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

1. O'Hoppe
2. Neto
3. Silseth

4. Quero
5. Paris
6. Bush
7. Blakely
8. Placencia
9. Jackson
10. Erla

Bachman sitting 91 and profiling as a RP isn't in my top 10, maybe not even my top 20.   He needs to show the velocity is still there before I buy in.

I was partly too chicken to exclude Bachman even though my instincts were telling me to.  The other part was that I couldn't decide who to put in the 10 spot if he wasn't in there.  Thought about Erla but I typically like the higher ceiling guys up that high even if they bust.  Which is why I dropped Bush to 6th.  So if not him then my other thoughts were Guzman or Hidalgo who I just really don't know much about.  I'm just not a Junk fan enough to put him there.  And I haven't seen Madden but he was probably the closest based on age, reported repertoire and frame.  

On 10/7/2022 at 2:51 AM, Docwaukee said:

I was partly too chicken to exclude Bachman even though my instincts were telling me to.  The other part was that I couldn't decide who to put in the 10 spot if he wasn't in there.  Thought about Erla but I typically like the higher ceiling guys up that high even if they bust.  Which is why I dropped Bush to 6th.  So if not him then my other thoughts were Guzman or Hidalgo who I just really don't know much about.  I'm just not a Junk fan enough to put him there.  And I haven't seen Madden but he was probably the closest based on age, reported repertoire and frame.  

You know what a complete PITA I am about not ranking guys I've not seen, so I get you.  The Bachman thing for me is simple, if his velocity is there the strength of those two pitches is such that he's a prospect despite all his faults and questions regarding RP/SP.  They are true 70+ grade pitches. Minus that, he's just a ton of question marks.  Limited arsenal, questionable health, mediocre stuff, and average command.  His entire prospect profile is based on those two pitches, with them his other offerings can be below average and it doesn't matter ... with out them he basically needs a third pitch. 

4 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

Anyone have any insight on what typically ends up being the easiest pitch to help a guy develop?  

FB is the easiest pitch to grade up.  As far as easiest pitch to be taught... Change.   Easiest pitch to learn but hardest to master... Splitter, and its not close IMO.

9 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

You know what a complete PITA I am about not ranking guys I've not seen, so I get you.  The Bachman thing for me is simple, if his velocity is there the strength of those two pitches is such that he's a prospect despite all his faults and questions regarding RP/SP.  They are true 70+ grade pitches. Minus that, he's just a ton of question marks.  Limited arsenal, questionable health, mediocre stuff, and average command.  His entire prospect profile is based on those two pitches, with them his other offerings can be below average and it doesn't matter with out them he basically needs a third pitch. 

In my head it's like Bachman's spot is kind of a place holder.  Because right now I'm really trying to wrap my head around a couple things with him.  First, how does a guy's velo drop like 8mph.  And second, how did they keep carting him out there in spite of that issue.  I kinda want to almost ignore it for now and keep my fingers crossed that it's a blip.  

I think I'll leave an asterisk by his name with some sort of footnote that includes an if/then statement.  Because If I believe what we saw from him in his last 6 starts (velo way down and a 5.47 era, 30h in 24.2ip, 14bb/14k) then he's actually just not even really a prospect anymore.  

1 hour ago, Docwaukee said:

In my head it's like Bachman's spot is kind of a place holder.  Because right now I'm really trying to wrap my head around a couple things with him.  First, how does a guy's velo drop like 8mph. 

Thats it in a nutshell.   Until we know what happened he's a suspect.

Rocket City is participating in this:

https://www.milb.com/news/marvel-designed-minor-league-team-logos-rolling-out-for-2023

"On the eve of Major League Baseball’s Postseason, where baseball’s heroes shine bright, Minor League Baseball and Marvel Entertainment today will begin releasing the team logos designed by Marvel’s legendary illustrators for the 96 teams participating in the “Marvel’s Defenders of the Diamond” special event and content series. The Marvel-created logos featuring MiLB teams’ unique brands and mascots will be worn on-field for the first time in 2023."

gpyvx4pnye2webbumqur.jpg

Edited by jsnpritchett

5 hours ago, Trendon said:

FWIW on Bachman, via everyone’s favorite (Sam Blum):

“Minasian said [Bachman’s] velocity was up in his first instructional league outing Wednesday.”

Is it possible they merely just asked him to see if he could go get outs with 90?  Or maybe it was some sort of 2 seamer or cutter and wanted him to throw it as much as possible.  

Could this have been some sort of development technique to build arm strength or for some other reason?

Like a driveline thing just to get him innings or to see how he functions with a minimal effort delivery?  

I just can't help but think that this was purposeful in some way shape or form.  

I WANNA KNOW WHY DAMMIT!

4 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

Is it possible they merely just asked him to see if he could go get outs with 90?  Or maybe it was some sort of 2 seamer or cutter and wanted him to throw it as much as possible.  

Could this have been some sort of development technique to build arm strength or for some other reason?

Like a driveline thing just to get him innings or to see how he functions with a minimal effort delivery?  

I just can't help but think that this was purposeful in some way shape or form.  

I WANNA KNOW WHY DAMMIT!

The first thing that came to mind was Ohtani when he decreased his velocity last year in game 3 or 4 to work on control and everyone panicked.