• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

48 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Ok, I already know my answers here but...

Which of the top 10 Angels prospects from MLB.com do you think has the greatest chance at busting? 

Which of 11-30 do you think will have the best MLB career?

I am making this on a relative basis.  Meaning, I'm kind of ignoring guys like Guzman and Placenia because they're so young.  I think picking Marceaux is kinda cheating because he's #10 but he's probably got a high enough floor not to be a bust.  

So for the first question, I'm going with Bachman.  Big time disappointment this year.  

Gotta go with Paris as my answer to #2.  But I kinda wanted to pick Rada yet I threw him out for the same reasons I didn't pick the younger guys above.  

1 hour ago, Docwaukee said:

I am making this on a relative basis.  Meaning, I'm kind of ignoring guys like Guzman and Placenia because they're so young.  I think picking Marceaux is kinda cheating because he's #10 but he's probably got a high enough floor not to be a bust.  

So for the first question, I'm going with Bachman.  Big time disappointment this year.  

Gotta go with Paris as my answer to #2.  But I kinda wanted to pick Rada yet I threw him out for the same reasons I didn't pick the younger guys above.  

I like your picks, bu it is crazy that Paris isn't top 10.

1 hour ago, Docwaukee said:

Do you think Bachman's arsenal alone could allow for a high floor as a reliever? 

In regards to Paris, I honestly don't think MLB.com know who he is or has scouted him. There's something very exciting about his swing and his athleticism. 

He still reminds me of Mookie Betts when he was coming up as a 2B with the Red Sox. I kept telling everyone who would listen to keep an eye on him. Did I know he'd be a superstar? No. I can't claim that with any honesty. But I did think he'd be a starting 2B in the big leagues that plays for a decade and makes a couple all-star teams. 

15 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Do you think Bachman's arsenal alone could allow for a high floor as a reliever?

No.  I think that gives him a very high ceiling both as a reliever and starter.  I picked him because his floor is that of an oft injured and inconsistent reliever who performed poorly at AA this year as a 23yo.  Who the Angels supposedly kept sending out for starts even though like 9mph came off his fastball and he walked almost as many as he whiffed.  So either he was injured and the Angels are beyond stupid or people are making excuses for his performance.  Or he has the type of injury that you can pitch through and it's not really gonna get better.  And he was picked 9th overall. 

This was actually a pretty easy selection for me tbh.  He's got the biggest floor to ceiling differential of anyone in the system by far from my standpoint.   

12 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

With the new mechanics, Improved stuff, and a little bit of deception. I think there is some upside in him. He's always had a plus slider, a Above-average Curve, and now a Fastball that has picked up a few thicks, there is 3/4 type of upside in him. Biggest thing will be the command/control for him. 

Yesterday’s game shows the improved results, aside from the control issues.

Past two starts we’re definitely better than before.

Will need of course to work on the endurance along with the control.   Totally seemed to run out of gas in the 5th.

11 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

It's been night and day in some areas..   Also interesting how so many of the SPs started to change their pitch selections once he was gone.  It's like they all of a sudden started throwing the pitches that the analytics said they were being most effective with.

But, Maddon wasn't the problem ...  Nope...

Nevin also is more willing to let his pitchers work out of a jam when appropriate, and not just auto remove them from the game like Maddon did.

11 hours ago, Second Base said:

Based on how he finished the season, are we even sure what his arsenal is?  That was a pretty significant drop in velocity and if the reason was he was pitching hurt...  Hard to justify.

1. O'Hoppe

2. Neto

3. Bush

4. Silseth

5. Quero

6. Bachman

7. Guzman

8. Placencia

9. Joyce

10. Erla

11. Paris

12. Dana

13. Rada

14. Madden

15. Adams

16. Marceaux

17. Jackson

18. Caceres

19. Soto

20. Vera

21. Blakely

22. Pina

23. Crow

24. Junk

25. De Jesus

26. Hidalgo

27. Daniel

28. Ramirez

29. Urena

30. Kochanowicz

31. Torres

32. Murphy

33. Albanese

34. DiChiara

35. Encarnacion

36. Seminaris

and lists a bunch of honorable mentions

With the season over, how's your guys top 10 looking like?

here's mine;

1. O'hoppe (55)

2. Neto (55)

3. Quero (55) 

4. Bush (50)

5. Silseth (50)

6.  Bachman (50)

7. Marceaux (45)

8. Placenia (45)

9. Paris (45)

10. Joyce (45) 

of topic, this top 10 looks amazing, 7 out of the top 10 are already in AA and close to the majors!