• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

2 hours ago, Revad said:

Eric Longenhagen from Fangraphs, asked for an Angels pitching prospect he likes said Walbert Urena.  Not familiar with him, anyone have insights to share?

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Turns 19 in January, has electric stuff but also had major control issues in the ACL in 2022 as an 18 year-old.

37.1 innings, 45 Ks but also 32 BBs

As mentioned though, still very young. 

Per Fangraphs scouting report:

Full Report

Urena has touched 100 and routinely sits 94-97 and tops out at 99, while also flashing a plus changeup. His arm strength at this age is extremely impressive, but Urena's feel for location (at best) comes and goes, and there's not only relief risk here, but relief likelihood, and only if Urena develops at least one full grade of control.

So basically - extremely raw, needs significant control improvement, but throws incredibly hard for his age.

10 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

AFL for Angels prospects:

🤮

I think we had only 2 prospects of note there, right?  Paris and Blakely?  The others, I believe, were largely "non-prospects."

Blakely I think wasn't as advanced as most of the other prospects there, so I am not too surprised by his performance.  Paris did struggle unfortunately.  Still - he had a fantastic several months to conclude the year, so I'm pretty bullish on his future.  I think he has a decent shot of becoming our 2B in a few years time, with Neto taking over SS.

1 hour ago, Warfarin said:

I think we had only 2 prospects of note there, right?  Paris and Blakely?  The others, I believe, were largely "non-prospects."

Blakely I think wasn't as advanced as most of the other prospects there, so I am not too surprised by his performance.  Paris did struggle unfortunately.  Still - he had a fantastic several months to conclude the year, so I'm pretty bullish on his future.  I think he has a decent shot of becoming our 2B in a few years time, with Neto taking over SS.

Both Blakely and Paris are young enough that the struggles in the AFL could be expected.   Both will be just 21 during the 2023 season, and have solid OBP potential.

Edited by Angel Oracle

AFL is glorified fall instructs. It only means something if someone on the younger side lights out on fire, otherwise, the numbers really don't matter. 

Mike Trout hit .245 with an OBP under .300 in the AFL. CJ Cron hit over .400. 

I think the last time I took someone's performance seriously in the AFL was Nolan Arenado and Bryce Harper, I think. It's been a while. 

Having said that, I have to admit, Zac Veen looked impressive. 

Edited by Second Base

• 2 weeks later...