• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Is Trey Cabbage a minor league FA or is he still signed with the Angels? 

He didn’t elect minor league free agency when all the other players eligible for minor league free agency did, so I believe he re-signed with the Angels.

Maybe TBW or Fletch can confirm.

3 hours ago, Trendon said:

He didn’t elect minor league free agency when all the other players eligible for minor league free agency did, so I believe he re-signed with the Angels.

Maybe TBW or Fletch can confirm.

He'd probably have a pretty decent shot at getting called up by the halos at some point in 2023.  He probably would have been called up this year if his season didn't get cut short by injury.  But as a guy who can play corner OF and 1b, and that he's still only 25, I hope he did decide to stay.  

This is probably a bit of a stretch, but he might even get selected in the R5.  

6 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

He'd probably have a pretty decent shot at getting called up by the halos at some point in 2023.  He probably would have been called up this year if his season didn't get cut short by injury.  But as a guy who can play corner OF and 1b, and that he's still only 25, I hope he did decide to stay.  

I don't think he'll be selected.  Injury aside, his BABIP is extraordinarily high and his K rate is 35% in AA.  If he is striking out that much in AA, he would probably sport a 40%+ K rate in the MLB right now.  No team would carry a player like that on their roster without the ability to option them back down.

He has intriguing potential, but he will need to make significant leaps in his ability to make contact.  Hopefully he can do that this year in the minors.

8 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

I agree that he likely would’ve gotten a shot if it weren’t for his injury. Especially since Whitefield and Aguilar both got shots from AA.

1 hour ago, Warfarin said:

I don't think he'll be selected.  Injury aside, his BABIP is extraordinarily high and his K rate is 35% in AA.  If he is striking out that much in AA, he would probably sport a 40%+ K rate in the MLB right now.  No team would carry a player like that on their roster without the ability to option them back down.

He has intriguing potential, but he will need to make significant leaps in his ability to make contact.  Hopefully he can do that this year in the minors.

Yeah, I don’t think he gets taken either. Mainly because he didn’t play that much.

A team might’ve taken a shot had he played all season, despite the high K%, because he put up video game numbers when he did play.

8 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

That's a wrap! All of our prospect interviews from this fall are all uploaded now. 

Here's the Kolton Ingram interview. 

Interview with Caden Dana by @taylorblakeward.

Great interviews!

I looked up Ingram on Fangraphs to see if they had any scouting info on him as well, and I came across this blurb from the midseason update:

Ingram was a Division-II senior sign by the Tigers in 2019, and he was released after less than a year, having only pitched for the Tigers in the GCL. Ingram continued to pitch and work out at a facility in Georgia and he was signed by the Angels in 2021, and has now ascended to Double-A. Though short, Ingram is an explosive on-mond athlete with a powerful delivery that gets the most out of his body. He only sits 92-93 but his height and the shape of his fastball give it bat-missing carry, and his sweeping low-80s slider, which has near elite spin rates, is above-average. Somewhat similar to Tim Collins, Ingram has come out of nowehere and asserted himself into the Angels 2023 bullpen mix.

Prospects Live dropped their top 30 prospects list for the Angels:

https://www.prospectslive.com/prospects-live/los-angeles-angels-2023-top-30-prospects

Some pretty nice praise in there.  A few key summaries -

SUMMARY  O’Hoppe possesses the qualities necessary to be an everyday starter behind the dish. He will be able to contribute on defense and not be a liability as a hitter. The former 23rd round pick was a great scouting find, and he should be a solid starter or part of a good catching tandem, at worst.

SUMMARY  With Neto, the Angels got a potential major league shortstop with excellent contact skills and solid power in his bat, and they have been rather aggressive with their minor league assignment of him. It’ll be interesting to see how he handles a full season of pro ball and how his swing and stance evolve. The expectation is he will return to Double-A in 2023, and he could make his debut as early as 2024.

SUMMARY  Quero had a fantastic season where he ended up hitting .312/.435/.530 while being a full-time catcher and being young for Single-A. There is a feel for contact here that many catchers don’t have, and he is an asset from both-sides of the plate. He may never be anything special defensively, but he will be an average game-caller, present a few strikes, and help out the pitching staff. He’ll be a valuable big league piece.

21 hours ago, Warfarin said:

Prospects Live dropped their top 30 prospects list for the Angels:

https://www.prospectslive.com/prospects-live/los-angeles-angels-2023-top-30-prospects

Some pretty nice praise in there.  A few key summaries -

Pretty solid takes. There's more power and more arm than they give O'Hoppe credit for, but they're the first publication that I recall being realistic about his bat. I think they're being generous giving him a 50. 

They're higher on Quero than I am. I think we all agree, the bat is legit, but defensively, he's your typical A Ball catcher. There are some deficiencies that will take time to shore up, which is why catchers take quite a bit more time to develop. It's going to be interesting to see if the Angels are patient and stick with him at catcher, or get him up to the major leagues sooner as a 1B or LF.

Neto, they're spot on, though I think on their ETA, they leave out the real possibility that he's just that good, in which case the 2024 is far too slow. If Rengifo or Fletcher aren't cutting it at shortstop and he's killing it in AA, he could be up by the all-star break.