• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

3 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

With the new mechanics, Improved stuff, and a little bit of deception. I think there is some upside in him. He's always had a plus slider, a Above-average Curve, and now a Fastball that has picked up a few thicks, there is 3/4 type of upside in him. Biggest thing will be the command/control for him. 

We can rebuild him. We have the technology. We can make him better, than he was. Better, stronger, faster. -- Perry "Oscar Goldman" Minasian.

man dollar GIF

7 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

With the new mechanics, Improved stuff, and a little bit of deception. I think there is some upside in him. He's always had a plus slider, a Above-average Curve, and now a Fastball that has picked up a few thicks, there is 3/4 type of upside in him. Biggest thing will be the command/control for him. 

I've been pretty down on him, but at this point, I assume he'll go into next year with a 40-man spot and then they'll let things shake out in spring training.  Given how he started out, I thought they might just dump him.

Just now, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Its seems like every since maddon was let go, the team as be driving in the analytic sites more than we've ever seen. It 's a welcoming sign. 

It's been night and day in some areas..   Also interesting how so many of the SPs started to change their pitch selections once he was gone.  It's like they all of a sudden started throwing the pitches that the analytics said they were being most effective with.

But, Maddon wasn't the problem ...  Nope...

3 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I've been pretty down on him, but at this point, I assume he'll go into next year with a 40-man spot and then they'll let things shake out in spring training.  Given how he started out, I thought they might just dump him.

He's got long man/slop time pitcher written all over him.  Essentially a LH version of Barria -- minus the track record of success.

23 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

18 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

We can rebuild him. We have the technology. We can make him better, than he was. Better, stronger, faster. -- Perry "Oscar Goldman" Minasian.

man dollar GIF

14 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Barria in to replace him.  5 BB, 3 H in 4 1/3.

Spoke Too Soon Ashley Blaine Featherson GIF - Spoke Too Soon Ashley Blaine  Featherson Joelle Brooks - Discover & Share GIFs

5 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

A 3/4 is what Reid Detmers was this year.

For me;

#1 and true Ace: ERA is under 2.90, and Xfip/FIP are under 3. War is 4.5+

#2: Era is between 2.90-3.45, and  Xfip/FIp are under 3.50; War is 3.5-4.4

#3  ERA 3.50-3.90, Xfip/FIp are under 4: Average war is between 2.5-3

#4 Era/Xfip/FIp is 3.9-4.10 average of 2.0 War

#5 is 4.10-4.35 Average of 1-1.5 War. 

So, when I see Davidson has a 3/4; I envision him to be around 3.80-4.10 ERa and War around 1.-2 range and onces again that if everything works out. 

Detmer's season, was a season of two tails; 1st half he was more a 4, 2 second half more of a 2. 

Sandy is a the perfect example of a borderline #2 and a really solid 3. 

5 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

man dollar GIF

4 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

what else are we gonna talk about?  

3 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Submarines.

I thought we were already talking about submarines with all the scouting talk and the Perry-scoping of prospects...