• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

Minasian doesn't deserve any condemnation IMO because Bachman hasn't busted.

If the velocity drop ends up being temporary or injury related and its there next season he's the same guy they thought he was albeit he's looking more and more like a RP now.  Obviously a SP is more valuable but if it keeps them from needing to sign a closer for 16 mil a season I doubt anyone will complain, plus there are enough guys to wish on as starters from his draft class to make it less of an "issue".

Was telling Doc I finally figured out who Bachman reminds me of.  We haven't had a pitcher who's prospect status is as reliant on pure velocity as Bachman's is since Bobby Jenks.  Clearly Bachman doesn't have the mental or family issues Jenks had, but like Bobby there are SP/reliever/injury/command concerns... And like Jenks, if his velocity returns it won't matter if he ever learns "how" to pitch, the slider/FB are so good he could step into a MLB bullpen right now. Jenks was an awful SP prospect for most of his minor leagure career but he had two wipe out pitches and kept the ball in the park. 

If Bachman is throwing 98 next Spring, 2022 won't matter.  

8 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Minasian doesn't deserve any condemnation IMO because Bachman hasn't busted.

If the velocity drop ends up being temporary or injury related and its there next season he's the same guy they thought he was albeit he's looking more and more like a RP now.  Obviously a SP is more valuable but if it keeps them from needing to sign a closer for 16 mil a season I doubt anyone will complain, plus there are enough guys to wish on as starters from his draft class to make it less of an "issue".

Was telling Doc I finally figured out who Bachman reminds me of.  We haven't had a pitcher who's prospect status is as reliant on pure velocity as Bachman's is since Bobby Jenks.  Clearly Bachman doesn't have the mental or family issues Jenks had, but like Bobby there are SP/reliever/injury/command concerns... And like Jenks, if his velocity returns it won't matter if he ever learns "how" to pitch, the slider/FB are so good he could step into a MLB bullpen right now. Jenks was an awful SP prospect for most of his minor leagure career but he had two wipe out pitches and kept the ball in the park. 

If Bachman is throwing 98 next Spring, 2022 won't matter.  

GIF by Ghostbusters

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/10/angels-re-sign-three-to-minor-league-deals.html

(According to Darragh McDonald). The Angels have re-signed three players to minor league deals, according to Sam Blum of The Athletic. Outfielders Aaron Whitefield and Ryan Aguilar and lefty Kolton Ingram will return to the organization next year. All three have been invited to MLB Spring Training. 

19 minutes ago, Revad said:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/10/angels-re-sign-three-to-minor-league-deals.html

(According to Darragh McDonald). The Angels have re-signed three players to minor league deals, according to Sam Blum of The Athletic. Outfielders Aaron Whitefield and Ryan Aguilar and lefty Kolton Ingram will return to the organization next year. All three have been invited to MLB Spring Training. 

meh.  part of the fun of minor league free agents is the outside chance that one of these might turn out to be something.  I know it doesn't happen very often, but bringing back guys you already know have not shot at that whatsoever is kinda boring.  

4 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

The one clean peanut from last year that I hope to see given another chance is Trey Cabbage. Dude was crushing the ball, then got hurt and disappeared. Hopefully he gets another shot with the Angels - could be an interesting depth piece in AAA.

He’s been playing in the Instructional League for the Angels, so I wonder if that’s a sign that they want to bring him back in 2023 or have already signed him for 2023.

I can't see how the Angels would knowingly pitch Bachman with an injury that could jeopardize him long-term. For instance, he had a bicep and back issue. Asking him to throw dealing with either of those, or really anything could damage his body worse. How could you be dumb enough to handle your injury-prone 1st Round pick like that? I think it's more likely he was working on something, easing up, or learning new mechanics/new pitch. Based on how well they did with a lot of their pitchers this year, I really don't think they would do something that dumb. 

7 hours ago, ThisismineScios said:

I can't see how the Angels would knowingly pitch Bachman with an injury that could jeopardize him long-term. For instance, he had a bicep and back issue. Asking him to throw dealing with either of those, or really anything could damage his body worse. How could you be dumb enough to handle your injury-prone 1st Round pick like that? I think it's more likely he was working on something, easing up, or learning new mechanics/new pitch. Based on how well they did with a lot of their pitchers this year, I really don't think they would do something that dumb. 

that's been the debate.  The logical thought being just that.  Yet we kept hearing he was hurt.  So logically it, none of us have been able to figure it out.  Now, word has it that his velo is back up in instructs.