• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

24 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Assuming Bachman’s health and velocity are good, start 2023 in AA or AAA?   Assuming staying in rotation?

Assuming good health and velo, I reckon they'd start him in AA where he has yet to find success. I could see him being a quick riser in such a scenario. 

For now, Bachman is kind of a "wont believe it till I see it" situation. 

He should absolutely start in AA as a starter and build consistency. The ML club only needs him as a reliever at this point, so let him grow and develop and see if he can become a good starter. I don't see a lot of differences between the strategy with CRod and Bachman--wait and see, the starter upside is way higher--except Bachman has legitimate arm/muscular injury concerns and CRod has had freak ones. 

What happens if Paris, Bachman, Neto, or Joyce come into next springs camp, and own it?  Do the Angels take them to the show, and let them bypass AAA?  

If any of our top prospects are ready, I would find a spot for them on the ML roster.  I am getting a little tired of watching other teams play in late October. 

29 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

What happens if Paris, Bachman, Neto, or Joyce come into next springs camp, and own it?  Do the Angels take them to the show, and let them bypass AAA? 

I think that depends on what the roster looks like in Spring.

If the Angels sign/acquire an established middle infielder, it’d be harder to make space for Paris or Neto.

If the Angels are relying on Soto/Velazquez/Stefanic, it’d be easier to make space for Paris or Neto.

But they’re still so young and inexperienced that I’d be cautious and not expose them too early (a la Jo Adell).

As pitchers, Bachman and Joyce probably have a better shot of making the team with an impressive camp.

1 hour ago, Trendon said:

I think that depends on what the roster looks like in Spring.

If the Angels sign/acquire an established middle infielder, it’d be harder to make space for Paris or Neto.

If the Angels are relying on Soto/Velazquez/Stefanic, it’d be easier to make space for Paris or Neto.

But they’re still so young and inexperienced that I’d be cautious and not expose them too early (a la Jo Adell).

As pitchers, Bachman and Joyce probably have a better shot of making the team with an impressive camp.

If we were to sign one of the big ticket SS, I agree.  If we sign or trade for an outfielder, there would be room for a Neto or Paris, if their numbers warrant it. 

9 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

If we were to sign one of the big ticket SS, I agree.  If we sign or trade for an outfielder, there would be room for a Neto or Paris, if their numbers warrant it. 

It’d be a big jump for either, but Soto/Velazquez/Stefanic aren’t gonna stand in the way if an opportunity is warranted.

For pitchers like Bachman and Joyce, it kinda depends on what the Angel's plans are for keeping those guys starters.   But they would be the mostly likely to break camp with the team in the pen if they have a good spring.  

Paris had 51 at bats in AA and actually struggled in A+ for over half the season there before turning a bit of a corner.  I don't think there should be any way he skips another full season in the minors.  He's probably going to start in AA and then maybe sees some time in AAA later in the year.  

Neto is a bit more difficult to judge.  But again, his ab's were limited in AA.  The Angels are typically very aggressive with call ups, but I would consider it a mistake for him not to get at least another half a year in the minors.