• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rosenthal: Robbie Ray atop the Angels wishlist (signs with Seattle lmao)

mmc

8 minutes ago, AngelsFanSince86 said:

Doesn't matter who the GM is. This team will suck until Arte sells. I've slowly but surely had my love for watching MLB fade away and I'm at the point where I'm likely to switch my favorite team. I'll give it the rest of the offseason, but honestly we've seen it all before. Angels are the biggest joke in baseball and I'm starting to agree they should trade Ohtani. If they really don't get a top tier pitcher, which at this point is just Stroman, they need to trade Ohtani (which I know they won't do because of marketing) because he'll just be wasting away here. 

I've always scoffed at people with the stances I've just taken above, but I'm done with it. Sick of constantly being let down by an owner who can't get out of his own way. Sick of spending time and money giving a shit about a team that doesn't give a shit about it's fans. 

Agreed. We're basically just checking our watches waiting for a change in ownership before the team turns the corner. 

15 minutes ago, AngelsFanSince86 said:

Doesn't matter who the GM is. This team will suck until Arte sells. I've slowly but surely had my love for watching MLB fade away and I'm at the point where I'm likely to switch my favorite team. I'll give it the rest of the offseason, but honestly we've seen it all before. Angels are the biggest joke in baseball and I'm starting to agree they should trade Ohtani. If they really don't get a top tier pitcher, which at this point is just Stroman, they need to trade Ohtani (which I know they won't do because of marketing) because he'll just be wasting away here. 

I've always scoffed at people with the stances I've just taken above, but I'm done with it. Sick of constantly being let down by an owner who can't get out of his own way. Sick of spending time and money giving a shit about a team that doesn't give a shit about it's fans. 

And Trout poor guy all the years he has given for this fucked up cheap ass owner

So another year of Sandoval, Suarez, and Barria all going 4.1 IP with 5 ER while we are on year 10 of waiting on all 3 of those guys to take the next step. Obviously I'm exaggerating but it feels that way. This is just going to be the same shit next year. Bring on the lockout now I guess. The excitement I had last week for changes in the pitching staff is now gone. They're literally going to be the same team next year. So is a 1 year offer to bring back Greinke next on the table? FML

6 minutes ago, rottiesworld said:

And Trout poor guy all the years he has given for this fucked up cheap ass owner

Yeah, poor guy.  I'm sure he's cryin' every night, while rolling around in the stacks of bills from the initial payout on his $500M+ career earnings.

Edited by jsnpritchett

We'll see. Trout will be fine, but he could have gotten that cash anywhere. I'm sure part of it was that he was sold in their desire to win. Ohtani won't be as patient. He seems determined to prove himself and that will include in the postseason. If the Angels don't make a real push and make the playoffs then he's as good as gone. And so if the Angels are going to constantly play second fiddle in free agency then they just need to trade Ohtani. I know it will never happen, but that's what a smart organization would do. I hope they surprise us and acquire Stroman and more, but I'm doubtful.

1 hour ago, AngelsFanSince86 said:

I've slowly but surely had my love for watching MLB fade away

I will never, ever stop loving baseball. But my love for the Angels isn't what it used to be. 

I'm fine with the team not overpaying for free agent pitching. But if you won't acquire pitching in that manner, you have two options: develop your own or trade for someone else's. They are unable to do the former. If they refuse to do the latter... what is their plan? The same as it's been the last few seasons? 

27 minutes ago, Justin said:

I will never, ever stop loving baseball. But my love for the Angels isn't what it used to be. 

I'm fine with the team not overpaying for free agent pitching. But if you won't acquire pitching in that manner, you have two options: develop your own or trade for someone else's. They are unable to do the former. If they refuse to do the latter... what is their plan? The same as it's been the last few seasons? 

Yeah I'm just not the type to like watching other teams play each other outside of October. If I stopped watching the Angels and started focusing on another team in time I would develop the same love. 

The problem is they need more than just one more arm. So trading for Castillo isn't it and it's going to cost them the future. Free agency costs money, but allows you to develop the farm which long term will save you money. Trading the farm away now just means they will be in a worse position than they are in now if those trade targets don't pan out or leave for free agency.

Just now, Erstad Grit said:

I'm having problems connecting three realities.

1. Robbie Ray was predicted to sign for 5/130.

2. Robbie Ray was atop Angel's want list.

3. Robbie Ray signed for 5/115 on a division rival.

How can all three be true? 

Easy: 4. Robbie Ray didn't want to sign with the Angels for some reason.