• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Noah Syndergaard - Angels Agree to 1-Year, $21 Million Deal

Amazing Larry

The more I learn about Noah, the more I like him: this is the sort of pitcher's attitude I'd love Sandoval and Suarez to adopt.

Very excited to see him pitch for us. "That's my plate out there, not theirs" is just the sort of attitude we need. Syndergaard and Ohtani is going to be a hell of a 1-2 punch for us to enjoy next year. Thanks Perry, nice work.

12 hours ago, ScottT said:

What

You cited the reference in the article that was stating Arte doesn't go after long term contracts. Yes, Arte went after Cole, because, at that time, they had more free long-term payroll. Once Rendon signed, that long-term payroll shrunk, considerably, and we now sit in a time and place where, if the Angels want to extend Ohtani, they cannot take on another long-term contract in addition to a long-term FA signing or trade.

Was simply pointing out that Moreno made the Cole offer in a different time and place in comparison to our current payroll situation. Could Arte make a long-term offer to a FA pitcher, now? Yes, but then Ohtani will not be extended and that would be a disaster in my opinion.

Probably I should have clarified it a little more to make it clear.

57 minutes ago, WicketMaiden said:

The more I learn about Noah, the more I like him: this is the sort of pitcher's attitude I'd love Sandoval and Suarez to adopt.

Very excited to see him pitch for us. "That's my plate out there, not theirs" is just the sort of attitude we need. Syndergaard and Ohtani is going to be a hell of a 1-2 punch for us to enjoy next year. Thanks Perry, nice work.

He's like Weaver. But doesnt look like a mean scarecrow

Edited by ten ocho recon scout

31 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

He's like Weaver. But doesnt look like a mean scarecrow

Weaver has always been one of my favourites, on the mound I really enjoyed watching him, great attitude and a real master of the art of pitching. He seems such a straight up guy too, not afraid to speak his mind and usually has a pretty good take when he does. Like others have said on here I'd love it if he came back into the org in some capacity.

6 minutes ago, WicketMaiden said:

Weaver has always been one of my favourites, on the mound I really enjoyed watching him, great attitude and a real master of the art of pitching. He seems such a straight up guy too, not afraid to speak his mind and usually has a pretty good take when he does. Like others have said on here I'd love it if he came back into the org in some capacity.

I think it would be even cooler if he came back, but not actually with the team.

Like if he still has keys to the park, and shows up partially drunk before games and tells everyone not to be a pussy.

Then during the game, gets actual drunk, and starts interfering from his good seats behind the plate. "DONT F*CK THIS UP, CISCHEK!" as he leans over the railing. 

28 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I think it would be even cooler if he came back, but not actually with the team.

Like if he still has keys to the park, and shows up partially drunk before games and tells everyone not to be a pussy.

Then during the game, gets actual drunk, and starts interfering from his good seats behind the plate. "DONT F*CK THIS UP, CISCHEK!" as he leans over the railing. 

Yes, that's a much better idea, no sanitised organisational platitudes that say nothing, let's get him pissed up and put him behind the plate with a loudhailer. Give him some peanuts to flick at Altuve too. And more beer! 

The fan profile of the seats around him behind home plate would change dramatically.

We should add this to @Tank's To Do list. Run it up the pole, pal, it's a winner.

30 minutes ago, WicketMaiden said:

Yes, that's a much better idea, no sanitised organisational platitudes that say nothing, let's get him pissed up and put him behind the plate with a loudhailer. Give him some peanuts to flick at Altuve too. And more beer! 

The fan profile of the seats around him behind home plate would change dramatically.

We should add this to @Tank's To Do list. Run it up the pole, pal, it's a winner.

I’d love to see the occasional drunken parade around the top level as well, banging some Thundersticks like Tad and the Halo ‘Roops. I’d march along to that.

Samson: Angels' desperation ends up helping the Mets, with Noah Syndergaard signing

By Nothing Personal with David Samson

On Tuesday, the Los Angeles Angels and right-handed pitcher Noah Syndergaard agreed to a one-year, $21 million contract. Prior to signing with the Angels, Syndergaard had received an $18.4 million qualifying offer to remain with the New York Mets, which he declined.

During Wednesday's installment of "Nothing Personal with David Samson," David Samson revealed that he believes that Syndergaard signing with the Angels was an extremely positive move for the Mets.

"The Mets need pitching. They need a manager, but now they have an extra draft pick and they don't have to allocate $18.4 million to Noah Syndergaard," Samson said. "This worked out magnificent. If you're Mets fans, you ought to be very happy. I can't believe the Angels did it. They were desperate. It's desperate."

As a result of the Angels signing Syndergaard, they will have to surrender a second round pick in 2022. This comes after Syndergaard missed all of 2020 and pitched just two innings during the 2021 season as he recovered from Tommy John surgery.

The Angels had a 4.69 ERA as a team throughout the 2021 season -- the third worst mark in the American League -- and attempted to address that need by signing Syndergaard. However, Samson simply believes that the Angels overpaid for a pitcher that he has battled injuries in recent years and may not live up to that contract.

9 minutes ago, Angel Dog and Beer said:

Who the hell is David Samson and why should I care what he thinks? 

Jeffrey Loria's stepson and lackey during his ownership of the Expos and then Marlins.  He's gone from right hand man to one of the shadiest owners in MLB, to edge lord wannabe podcaster.

1 hour ago, HanfordGuy said:

Samson: Angels' desperation ends up helping the Mets, with Noah Syndergaard signing

By Nothing Personal with David Samson

On Tuesday, the Los Angeles Angels and right-handed pitcher Noah Syndergaard agreed to a one-year, $21 million contract. Prior to signing with the Angels, Syndergaard had received an $18.4 million qualifying offer to remain with the New York Mets, which he declined.

During Wednesday's installment of "Nothing Personal with David Samson," David Samson revealed that he believes that Syndergaard signing with the Angels was an extremely positive move for the Mets.

"The Mets need pitching. They need a manager, but now they have an extra draft pick and they don't have to allocate $18.4 million to Noah Syndergaard," Samson said. "This worked out magnificent. If you're Mets fans, you ought to be very happy. I can't believe the Angels did it. They were desperate. It's desperate."

As a result of the Angels signing Syndergaard, they will have to surrender a second round pick in 2022. This comes after Syndergaard missed all of 2020 and pitched just two innings during the 2021 season as he recovered from Tommy John surgery.

The Angels had a 4.69 ERA as a team throughout the 2021 season -- the third worst mark in the American League -- and attempted to address that need by signing Syndergaard. However, Samson simply believes that the Angels overpaid for a pitcher that he has battled injuries in recent years and may not live up to that contract.

Desperate is one take but I say this was resourceful. Sometimes the bar isn’t over flowing with super models. Sometimes you have to find the skinniest  chubby girl that is ready to bang. Yes we could have saved our beer money for next weekend but the goal was to bang now. 

1 minute ago, Kotchman said:

Desperate is one take but I say this was resourceful. Sometimes the bar isn’t over flowing with super models. Sometimes you have to find the skinniest  chubby girl that is ready to bang. Yes we could have saved our beer money for next weekend but the goal was to bang now. 

Casey, I'm just betting you're divorced one or more times.