• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Our gift to the Dodgers

41 minutes ago, Slegnaac said:

Could it be that he felt the need to be "The" guy with the Angels, and now he can just be "One" of the guys with the Dodgers?

Who knows what it is. My guess is that he got humbled big time when he was released. And as sort of an image saving thing, accepted the role of "tio".

11 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

Could it be that he felt the need to be "The" guy with the Angels, and now he can just be "One" of the guys with the Dodgers?

i'm thinking it's this plus the fact that the dodgers are about 30 wins better than the halos, so the pressure to carry the team is no longer (partially) on his shoulders.

he's said that he wants to play another season. it'll be interesting to see who's interested in him.

On 10/6/2021 at 7:18 AM, Angels 1961 said:

I do not think he is playing. Sad Angel fans hope Albert into DPs. I hope Dodgers lose more than most halo fans. I watched on TV as families were dragged out of their homes to build Dodger stadium. Dodgers are in playoffs every year, as halo fans we just hope for decent starter.

Ok, so if he's 12, he would've watched this on YouTube. If he is 80, then he watched it on the News.

Still torn.

When an all-time great hangs on too long we all, at first, kind of feel bad for them and pull for them and hope they don’t embarrass themselves.

I definitely felt that way about Albert for a very very long time.

Without rehashing all the Albert details, at some point that perspective changes from “pulling for you” to “you get what you deserve.”

If Albert grounded into two double plays and made two errors in the field and was throw out at home from third on a single to left field. . . And created the single greatest example of a legend blowing a game for a team because they stuck around too long. . . . He would DESERVE that embarrassment.

If he gets the clutch hit that wins the series as a pinch hitter, so be it.  I guess he knew he had one more moment in him.

But if the train wrecks its on him and I could not feel bad for him at all.  It would be Karma.

He used up all of my courtesy to him in multiples over the last two seasons.

I will say, he constantly has teammates surrounding him him in the dugout, and you frequently see him conversations with others in there. He definitely has value as a mentor, and that aspect is certainly a gift to the Dogs.

Though, I imagine his hands are red and sore from all that clapping. 

2 minutes ago, failos said:

I will say, he constantly has teammates surrounding him him in the dugout, and you frequently see him conversations with others in there. He definitely has value as a mentor, and that aspect is certainly a gift to the Dogs.

Though, I imagine his hands are red and sore from all that clapping. 

Stfu