• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2021-22 CBA Negotiation/Lockout Thread (DEAL IS AGREED TO)

mmc

4 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I chuckled because as a 55 year old man I just can’t bring myself to order chicken fingers.  But I sure will encourage my teenage kids to order it so I can steal some.

Sorry, they are called crispers and come on, look at them:

136769a01f254a2c963504395eeb5330.jpg?aut

There is no age limit on that.

35 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Sorry, they are called crispers and come on, look at them:

136769a01f254a2c963504395eeb5330.jpg?aut

There is no age limit on that.

Sold.

Hey speaking of good chicken fingers what happened to the the killer chicken fingers they used to have at the Big A?  I think it was called the chicken basket or something like that?  My wife says it was called The Fish Bowl?

Edited by Dtwncbad

ALF, this was an important discussion about age limitations on ordering chicken fingers. DTown was certain he aged out on those delicious morsels but Beatles showed him the cheat, order them by another name.

If only MLBPA and the commish could have such a dialogue this lockout would be all but over except for deciding Ranch or BBQ dipping sauce.

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

Sold.

Hey speaking of good chicken fingers what happened to the the killer chicken fingers they used to have at the Big A?  I think it was called the chicken basket or something like that?  My wife says it was called The Fish Bowl?

I'm convinced that "chicken" is a euphemism and you guys are sending coded sexual messages.

#chickengate

51 minutes ago, Blarg said:

ALF, this was an important discussion about age limitations on ordering chicken fingers. DTown was certain he aged out on those delicious morsels but Beatles showed him the cheat, order them by another name.

If only MLBPA and the commish could have such a dialogue this lockout would be all but over except for deciding Ranch or BBQ dipping sauce.

I love you blarg.  If I post something meaty about anything topical on anything real and controversial, you whine I am a self-important whatever.

If I post on something light and fluffy you mock that too.

So basically you are the gossip girl that never stops complaining about somebody else no matter what they do.

The only logical explanation is you have a crush on me.

9 minutes ago, Blarg said:

They are truly working hard to fuck themselves over with their dwindling fanbase. 

Ownership isn't even trying to negotiate.  They don't care if games are lost so long as they get increased playoffs, and only because unless they radically change how those monies are paid out, they would end up keeping most of it.

10 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Ownership isn't even trying to negotiate.  They don't care if games are lost so long as they get increased playoffs, and only because unless they radically change how those monies are paid out, they would end up keeping most of it.

They are all blind to the optics of arguing over monies that none of their fanbase could ever dream to have a part in. I'm not sure how they sell this to the public after the dust settles.

Hey, y'all, come on back to the game we've settled who gets to be multi-millionaires and who gets to be billionaires. The cost of your beer just went up $3. 

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

They are all blind to the optics of arguing over monies that none of their fanbase could ever dream to have a part in. I'm not sure how tey sell this to the public after the dust settles. Hey, y'all, come on back to the game we've settled who gets to be multi-millionaires and who gets to be billionaires. The cost of your beer just went up $3. 

How did they sell the details of the previous CBA to a fan base that isn’t in their financial class?

You know how?  When the games actual start, most of these details are invisible and irrelevant to the vast majority of the fans and they don’t care about anything more than watching players they like in a game they enjoy.

Edited by Dtwncbad

Honest question:

Do fans REALLY care if Spring Training starts on time?

There is the obvious point that people work at those ballparks and there is an impact on the local businesses, of course.

But in the big picture of being a fan of a big league team, so you really care much or at all if Spring Training is abbreviated as a result of this process?

Further, do you really care if the regular season is abbreviated by some nominal number of games (resulting in like 145 games or whatever)?

I just chalk it up to the price of this process.  It seems more likely that more gets done when there starts to be an actual cost.

So I don’t get worked up about it.

I don’t want some weird season that needs an asterisk obviously.  But I can absolutely live with there being an impact on some games because the pressure of those losses just might be necessary to get this resolved.

Edited by Dtwncbad