• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2021-22 CBA Negotiation/Lockout Thread (DEAL IS AGREED TO)

mmc

4 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

If you think these negotiations can be wrapped up quickly just because there's a deadline approaching,

Never said that.  I said the progress of the negotiation is more driven by a looming deadline than the start date of the lockout.

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

Then make a better analogy that's actually relevant--or just leave out the analogy and make your point. 

You forgot to mention another flaw in the analogy.  Tires are made of rubber and bats are made of wood.

My bad.  I am so dumb.

2 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

This comment hits home personally.  There has been a screw in the tire of my wife’s car for a couple weeks and I haven’t bothered with it yet because we haven’t needed that car for the last couple of weeks.

But I am going to need her car to be ready to go next week.

So I am going to take it in Friday or Saturday.

The point is obvious but I will also say it.  The progress and timeline (and strategy) of many projects is driven by a deadline, not the starting line.

It is really a bit silly to be fixated on this situation in the context of the amount of time from the lockout to the next publicized date of talks.

The parties involved have a much better understanding of managing the timeline and deadline than fans.

image.jpg

Ok, feel free to let your wife drive on that tire for 43 days.  

20 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Ok, feel free to let your wife drive on that tire for 43 days.  

Your reading comprehension is in question. Clearly said we didn’t need the car for a period of time.

But don’t let that get in the way of refusing to acknowledge the indisputable truth that deadlines more often drive processes (and progress) than starting dates.

Go ahead and stay dug in on disputing that.

Edited by Dtwncbad