• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2021-22 CBA Negotiation/Lockout Thread (DEAL IS AGREED TO)

mmc

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

Anybody that thinks silence, delays, ignoring, and actively managing the amount of urgency the other side feels are not active part of negotiating. . . Likely gets absolutely owned in negotiations.

That's called strategy.   The owners are trying to increase their leverage for when they negotiate.  

8 hours ago, Dochalo said:

That's called strategy.   The owners are trying to increase their leverage for when they negotiate.  

Correct.  Part of their negotiating strategy.  Exactly.

The entire point has always been that the people saying that the people involved (with periods of not talking) are not doing their jobs and being unreasonable are being, well, stupid.

Simple as that.

I don’t routinely call people dumb.  They really have to earn it.

21 hours ago, Stradling said:

It is very difficult to resolve something when you don’t meet for 6 weeks.  I would say that if they aren’t meeting then one or both parties are being unreasonable.  

I’m still sticking to this opinion with one change.  The owners locked out the players, didn’t negotiate for 6 weeks.  In my opinion that is unreasonable.  

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I’m still sticking to this opinion with one change.  The owners locked out the players, didn’t negotiate for 6 weeks.  In my opinion that is unreasonable.  

I am genuinely interested in being civil Strad.  How can you call them unreasonable when the most seasoned, effective negotiators on the planet would predictably use delays to make progress?

Isnt it more likely you are simply frustrated as a fan not actually seeing progress?

So why not just be honest and say you are annoyed and frustrated rather than make a baseless accusation about the people involved when what they are doing is easily defendable (and predictable) as a negotiating strategy?

3 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I am genuinely interested in being civil Strad.  How can you call them unreasonable when the most seasoned, effective negotiators on the planet would predictably use delays to make progress?

Isnt it more likely you are simply frustrated as a fan not actually seeing progress?

So why not just be honest and say you are annoyed and frustrated rather than make a baseless accusation about the people involved when what they are doing is easily defendable (and predictable) as a negotiating strategy?

Seems like being "unreasonable" IS "The Strategy." 

They'll all be unreasonable until it gets closer to Spring Training and then, they'll magically become more "reasonable." 

Strategery. 

5 minutes ago, halomatt said:

Seems like being "unreasonable" IS "The Strategy." 

They'll all be unreasonable until it gets closer to Spring Training and then, they'll magically become more "reasonable." 

Strategery. 

Haha I can’t argue with that.

They are not stupid people.  They know what they are doing.  The delays are not a sign of incompetence or them not doing their jobs.  They are doing their jobs just fine.  It’s just part of the game.

17 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Do I want baseball back, of course, but I’ve always expected there to be a lock out. But once again it is unreasonable to lock out the players and then not negotiate for 6 weeks. The players have guaranteed contracts, they’ll get paid. 

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Do I want baseball back, of course, but I’ve always expected there to be a lock out. But once again it is unreasonable to lock out the players and then not negotiate for 6 weeks. The players have guaranteed contracts, they’ll get paid. 

Well we find our exact disagreement.

I don’t find it “unreasonable” in the least bit to use delay tactics to increase the urgency the other side feels.  I would actually find it quite amateurish not to.  If you are not using time in your negotiating strategy, you are not using a very powerful tool.

It’s just inconvenient, frustrating and annoying for fans that just want it resolved.

13 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Well we find our exact disagreement.

I don’t find it “unreasonable” in the least bit to use delay tactics to increase the urgency the other side feels.  I would actually find it quite amateurish not to.  If you are not using time in your negotiating strategy, you are not using a very powerful tool.

It’s just inconvenient, frustrating and annoying for fans that just want it resolved.

But those delay tactics don’t hurt the players, they have guaranteed contracts.