• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2021-22 CBA Negotiation/Lockout Thread (DEAL IS AGREED TO)

mmc

For the record, I never eat food at the stadium so I don't know if the lines are long or not. I don't eat the food because it's a huge rip off. I either eat before the game or bring in food and drinks. I also never leave my seat once the game has started so I try not to drink too much water or whatever I bring in. I've brought in a whole pizza before to share with friends. I can't fathom missing any of the game to use the bathroom or stand in line to buy overpriced food. I am sure I am not the only one that wishes In N out had coupons. I guess they figure business is fine without coupons. I am pretty sure every single other fast food place has coupons in the mail and or on the app. I know I get Carl's Jr, Burger King, Wiener, Tom Farms, Jack in the Box and others in the mail or they have offers on their app. Every Wednesday, Burger King has a Whopper for $2 and for a while, it was $1 every other Wednesday but now it's a consistent $2.

Does INO even have an app where you can order ahead and that gives you rewards? I don't know as I haven't been there in years but I am going to guess no. Burger King, Taco Bell, McDonalds etc give you food or drinks with enough points. There are also plenty of great every day deals or every friday deals etc. You also get free food just for signing up. That's a way better value for me than spending $8 or whatever a double double combo costs and getting no rewards and no deals on any of their food and not being able to order ahead in an app(likely, according to google). Seems like they are still suck in the 90's or early 2000's but hey, they must be making enough money to not need to get with the times so more power to them.

17 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Kind of like nobody should actually consider Pringles potato chips.  They are Pringles.  They taste like Pringles.

Since Pringles can be stacked, what’s the most Pringles stacked together that a person has put in their mouth at one time???🤔 Somebody should make a pole.

4 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

For the record, I never eat food at the stadium so I don't know if the lines are long or not. I don't eat the food because it's a huge rip off. I either eat before the game or bring in food and drinks. I also never leave my seat once the game has started so I try not to drink too much water or whatever I bring in. I've brought in a whole pizza before to share with friends. I can't fathom missing any of the game to use the bathroom or stand in line to buy overpriced food. I am sure I am not the only one that wishes In N out had coupons. I guess they figure business is fine without coupons. I am pretty sure every single other fast food place has coupons in the mail and or on the app. I know I get Carl's Jr, Burger King, Wiener, Tom Farms, Jack in the Box and others in the mail or they have offers on their app. Every Wednesday, Burger King has a Whopper for $2 and for a while, it was $1 every other Wednesday but now it's a consistent $2.

Does INO even have an app where you can order ahead and that gives you rewards? I don't know as I haven't been there in years but I am going to guess no. Burger King, Taco Bell, McDonalds etc give you food or drinks with enough points. There are also plenty of great every day deals or every friday deals etc. You also get free food just for signing up. That's a way better value for me than spending $8 or whatever a double double combo costs and getting no rewards and no deals on any of their food and not being able to order ahead in an app(likely, according to google). Seems like they are still suck in the 90's or early 2000's but hey, they must be making enough money to not need to get with the times so more power to them.

Do you eat dinner at 4:30?

Maybe part of the problem with all of those companies is they believe they had to “get with the times”.  When those places started out you’d order food, they cooked the food and then handed it out. Now you order their food and then they turn around, grab the precooked food and hand it out.  INO cooks to order, so it’s unlikely you’ll see a pre-order app or rewards points or coupons in the Sunday paper (assuming that’s still a thing).  Also a shit quality precooked burger for $2 is only a bargain if you like $2 shitty quality food. 

5 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

Many companies make the decision to price their product carefully up front and never “discount” with coupons and rewards (paybacks).

Once you start being a company that is known for using coupons, you run the risk of having a certain percentage of your customers behavior and buying patterns being dictated ONLY by your discounting.

That is messy.

If a company can establish their brand as properly priced and a good value all the time that customers can rely on (rather than waiting for coupons), you end up with a drive through line around the building every day.

When was the last time you saw a drive through line around the building at Jack In The Box or Burger King?

In N Out definitely has a marketing plan to keep things very simple (limited menu) and to price their product as a high value purchase every day of the year.

The results speak for themselves.

Edited by Dtwncbad

Pricing is not really part of the decision to eat at InNOut.  They have crafted the brand and buying experience to be exactly that. Established value that does not need a second thought at the time of purchase.

People pull in almost entirely because they think “InNOut sounds good right now” without ever even considering the cost.

Tons of people think “Carl’s Jr sounds good right now” but then have to go through a whole second thought process in price.  “Are there any discounts right now?  Do I have a coupon?  Do I really want to get jammed with their full price if I don’t have a coupon?”

Then they look across the street and see INNOut and think “Oh, there is InNOut.  InNOut sounds good right now” and they pull into InNOut with the pricing question already resolved ages ago knowing the value they get every tine they go.”

I don’t know how much a double double is either.  I just know when I pull my family through InNOut, whatever total they tell me after everyone has ordered always creates a moment of “that seems so fair for what we just ordered.”

We were on a family road trip (my family of four and my sons girlfriend—5 total people) in December and pulled through a Carl’s Jr. in Burbank.  Everybody ordered and it was $80.  No kidding.  $16 per person.

Edited by Dtwncbad

13 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

I remember hearing the details of this court case.  If I recall correctly, they said in terms of the law, Frito Lay had it in the bag, and that if Pringles didn’t comply with the ruling they would be thrown in the can.

Ptrngles cannot put on can pringles potato chips on can.

8 hours ago, Lou said:

Do you eat dinner at 4:30?

16edf22c-50c4-49c8-a232-2ced58b5ccc3_tex

8 hours ago, Stradling said:

Maybe part of the problem with all of those companies is they believe they had to “get with the times”.  When those places started out you’d order food, they cooked the food and then handed it out. Now you order their food and then they turn around, grab the precooked food and hand it out.  INO cooks to order, so it’s unlikely you’ll see a pre-order app or rewards points or coupons in the Sunday paper (assuming that’s still a thing).  Also a shit quality precooked burger for $2 is only a bargain if you like $2 shitty quality food. 

I think a whopper is delicious and you can get it made fresh off the grill if you go inside. You can ask for it in the drive thru but you aren't likely to get it since it will slow down the line.

8 hours ago, Stradling said:

We serve quality ingredients that are never frozen that is cooked to order for a fair price. We raise prices about once a year generally to cover wage increases but occasionally to cover cost increases. That price increase is generally about .20 a meal. 

So does that mean a meal that is $8 today will be $9 in 5 years? $10 in 10 years? Is there a cap on price? When we are all dead and gone In N Out will be charging $20 a meal? Fast food restaurants used to be cheap and a good deal. Now most of them have gotten rid of their value menu and are charging prices the same or higher than sit down restaurants.

8 hours ago, Lou said:

INO is the only fast food I've eaten in a long time and I couldn't tell you how much a double-double costs. 

7 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

I don’t know how much a double double is either.  I just know when I pull my family through InNOut, whatever total they tell me after everyone has ordered always creates a moment of “that seems so fair for what we just ordered.”

We were on a family road trip (my family of four and my sons girlfriend—5 total people) in December and pulled through a Carl’s Jr. in Burbank.  Everybody ordered and it was $80.  No kidding.  $16 per person.

9142dc0e-851f-4e33-9949-f8118e7facb7_tex

Carl's Jr is also expensive. You definitely should have used coupons although I have no idea what you ordered to make it $16 per person. I am pretty sure the most expensive combo there is $12.

1 hour ago, beatlesrule said:

I have no idea what you ordered to make it $16 per person. I am pretty sure the most expensive combo there is $12.

I was 100% sure it was $80 but with your comment I questioned my own recollection.  So I located the Carl’s in Burbank just off the freeway and went online to see pricing at that location.  Yup it is expensive there.  They have plenty of combos at that location for $13-$17.

I don’t recall if we all ordered combos or not.  But seeing those prices there definitely supports the recollection.

Edited by Dtwncbad

29 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I was 100% sure it was $80 but with your comment I questioned my own recollection.  So I located the Carl’s in Burbank just off the freeway and went online to see pricing at that location.  Yup it is expensive there.  They have plenty of combos at that location for $13-$17.

I don’t recall if we all ordered combos or not.  But seeing those prices there definitely supports the recollection.

So we're talking a $5 difference simply because it's in Burbank? Ridiculous. I wonder if all fast food places in Burbank are that much more expensive. Unreal.

1 minute ago, beatlesrule said:

So we're talking a $5 difference simply because it's in Burbank? Ridiculous. I wonder if all fast food places in Burbank are that much more expensive. Unreal.

Except I paid it so was the price wrong?  I mean doesn’t it make sense that prices are higher in some areas than others?  Real estate and labor costs are higher in more expensive areas and the customers have more money to spend.

So what is the problem?

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

Except I paid it so was the price wrong?  I mean doesn’t it make sense that prices are higher in some areas than others?  Real estate and labor costs are higher in more expensive areas and the customers have more money to spend.

So what is the problem?

No I get that prices can depend on the area. Just that a meal at Carls Jr can cost $17 is what's ridiculous. Again, you can sit in a restaurant and have likely a better burger and meal for the same price or less.

Just now, beatlesrule said:

No I get that prices can depend on the area. Just that a meal at Carls Jr can cost $17 is what's ridiculous. Again, you can sit in a restaurant and have likely a better burger and meal for the same price or less.

I agree.  We laughed that day because recently we had gone the Chili’s for their “2 for $25” (deal where you get two full meals for $25) and Carl’s was more expensive than that!

4 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I agree.  We laughed that day because recently we had gone the Chili’s for their “2 for $25” (deal where you get two full meals for $25) and Carl’s was more expensive than that!

Oh man, I love Chili's Chicken Fingers meal. I had it 3 years ago and I believe it was $11.99. Still the best chicken fingers I've had although it's not like I've traveled the globe sampling chicken fingers from all over. I would pay 2 for $25 all day anyday at Chili's over paying the same for any fast food place. Chili's also has a rewards program. They are constantly emailing me deals.

1 minute ago, beatlesrule said:

Oh man, I love Chili's Chicken Fingers meal. I had it 3 years ago and I believe it was $11.99. Still the best chicken fingers I've had although it's not like I've traveled the globe sampling chicken fingers from all over. I would pay 2 for $25 all day anyday at Chili's over paying the same for any fast food place.

I chuckled because as a 55 year old man I just can’t bring myself to order chicken fingers.  But I sure will encourage my teenage kids to order it so I can steal some.

Edited by Dtwncbad