• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels renew Trout @ 510K. Agent mad?

Scott34

A comment from the HardballTalk Trout story (not me):

"Trout will be earning $47,763 per win above replacement (b-ref WAR)

Wells will be earning $42,000,000 per win above replacement (also b-ref WAR)

Thus, as a function of their actual value, Wells will be earning 879 times more per win produced than Trout."

Thanks Reagins!!!

OK Kids...

What is better?

Less money, or more money?

IMO it would not have hurt to give Trout the equivalent of 1 or 2 Wells-games* of compensation as a bonus.

(*to translate, one Wells-game = a unit of currency worth more than double my annual salary)

Thus, as a function of their actual value, Wells will be earning 879 times more per win produced than Trout."

Thanks Reagins!!!

as if this thread needed more fule...

well done YOT

IMO it would not have hurt to give Trout the equivalent of 1 or 2 Wells-games* of compensation as a bonus.

(*to translate, one Wells-game = a unit of currency worth more than double my annual salary)

wow, that's disgusting

Thanks Reagins!!!

I think the solution to this is clear. Have Reagins cover the bill for everyone's lunch in the clubhouse. He can afford it with that huge sum of inheritance money he obtained from some long lost super-rich relative he'd never heard of until shortly after the Wells trade went through. 

in contrast to Trout's deal....

The Marlins renewed the contract of Giancarlo Stanton for $537K, Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald reports. Stanton's not earning much more than the MLB minimum of $490K for now, but he'll earn a substantial raise one year from now when he's arbitration eligible for the first time.

What an outrage!

In b4 Bryce Harper gets 5 years $25 million.

Lets hope Harper doesn't get any love from the Nationals. I'm bothered by the fact that Trout's agent is making this issue bigger than it should be.

For those of you who are comparing this with contracts with established stars like Wells need to learn the system.

Lets hope Harper doesn't get any love from the Nationals. I'm bothered by the fact that Trout's agent is making this issue bigger than it should be.

The Nats signed him to a 5 year 9.9 M deal that runs through 2015. The Angels will most likely give Trout a lot more than that in a year or two. 

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/h/harpebr03.shtml#contracts

I'm shocked that Trout's agent thought the Angels should've renewed him for more money. 

The Nats signed him to a 5 year 9.9 M deal that runs through 2015. The Angels will most likely give Trout a lot more than that in a year or two. 

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/h/harpebr03.shtml#contracts

I'm shocked that Trout's agent thought the Angels should've renewed him for more money. 

If Trout continues playing at the level of last season or close to it ... then I wouldn't be bothered if his agent took the Angels to the cleaners.

If Trout continues playing at the level of last season or close to it ... then I wouldn't be bothered if his agent took the Angels to the cleaners.

He won't resign with the Angels guaranteed.  Don't fall in love with this dude.  He is going home.  BOOK IT.

He won't resign with the Angels guaranteed.  Don't fall in love with this dude.  He is going home.  BOOK IT.

Hear this on the lower fields during BP and drills Mike?

Always love your "inside scoops".

You and that usher (Jan?) keep up the solid work