• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels renew Trout @ 510K. Agent mad?

Scott34

one might think they are "10-year contract" type loyal to Sosh...i dunno, just a thought.

So if we lose 95 games with a 150 million dollar payroll you think Scioscia should be back because of his contract? I swear...some of you guys might not even care about winning as long as Scisocia stays. I'd like to think that Trout saved Scioscia's job. Because if Scioscia was staying even if this team loses 90+ games, then I would've lost even more faith in the FO

So if we lose 95 games with a 150 million dollar payroll you think Scioscia should be back because of his contract? I swear...some of you guys might not even care about winning as long as Scisocia stays. I'd like to think that Trout saved Scioscia's job. Because if Scioscia was staying even if this team loses 90+ games, then I would've lost even more faith in the FO

did i say he should be back? do you read the posts you respond to? you wondered aloud how loyal the front office is to Sosh...I brought up the fact they felt loyal enough to offer him a 10-year contract...i stated no opinion on it, simply brought up the contract THEY gave him.

lol, you take issue with LT defending the Angels yet you tend to sh*t mouth the Angels over anything...Howie sucks, Sosh should be fired, the front office f*cked up by under paying Trout....did I cover it all? I'm sure I missed a few of your rants.

Yeah, I like people responsible to be held accountable. I don't like to miss the playoffs year in and year out without any changes...You got that one right. Took 9 years of bad offense to finally fire Hatcher...

I don't want to get into this again because it'll only end with me getting warning points for having a different opinion by the message board dictators or whatever you want to call them

the angels didnt have 9 years of bad offense under hatcher. 

Aside from 2009 and 2002...when was the offense "good" under Hatcher? I can think of a lot of mediocre years, but no real good one's

Just did some research. From 2003-2008 it was consistently mediocre. Great in 2009. Awful 2010 and 2011 and the beginning of 2012. I do not classify that a good hitting coach, sorry

Aside from 2009 and 2002...when was the offense "good" under Hatcher? I can think of a lot of mediocre years, but no real good one's

lol

1. throw out general statement

2. consider actual facts

3. back peddle

4. re-state argument

5. repeat

so now your changing your argument

lol

1. throw out general statement

2. consider actual facts

3. back peddle

4. re-state argument

5. repeat

1. Side with the mob

2. Copy what other people have already posted

3. Never have a real opinion on things, so you can always cover yourself

4. Argue for 18 pages and then accuse other people of arguing for 18 pages

5. Repeat.

I can play this game too!

lol @ mob

Ps...my "side" on this issue has been stated numerous times in the thread. Angels were right to offer what they offered. If Trout puts up another solid year then offer him the FAT contract.

We've already established you dont read posts before responding so I guess I shouldnt be suprised you didnt see it.

lol. you arent seeing my point. no matter what....the Angels HAVE to pay Wells at this point..they DONT have to pay Trout. From a business standpoint it makes zero sense to pay a player until you have to. Is Trout better then Wells? No sh*t. Should the team pay Trout "Wells' money" when they dont have to...hell no.

Wait until Trout puts up another season or two of what he did in 2012 then throw money at him..no rush at this point

here ya go AD..page 6.

Just did some research. From 2003-2008 it was consistently mediocre. Great in 2009. Awful 2010 and 2011 and the beginning of 2012. I do not classify that a good hitting coach, sorry

Your research sucks.

2002 - 4th in MLB in Runs Scored

2004 - top 10 in MLB in Runs Scored

2005 - 11th in MLB in Runs Scored

2007 - 6th in MLB in Runs Scored

2009 - 2nd in MLB in Runs Scored

Facts -  I wouldn't say that classifies a good hitting coach either, nor does it classify a lousy one. 

Trout's contract has everything to do with the business of baseball and not a player's ability. Trout could have pitched 10 perfect games, hit 74 HRs and traded Wells to the Rangers and STILL would have received the same raise. Young players have through their arbitration years to earn that huge GUARANTEED contract. Is it fair? Probably not, but that's just the way it is. Younger players are underpaid and vets are overpaid. All MLB players understand that regardless of what a whiny agent states.

And yet, the best second year player in a generation is making less money in his second year than Tim Salmon 20 years ago. "The business of baseball"...sure

You want to go back to the way things were run back then or take your chances that these guys know what they're doing?