• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels renew Trout @ 510K. Agent mad?

Scott34

MikeDiGiovanna 11:10am via Web

#Angels renewed OF Mike Trout's contract at $510,000. Wow. I didn't think it would be that low. $20,000 above major league minimum.

MikeDiGiovanna 11:11am via Web

Said Craig Landis, agent for #Angels OF Mike Trout: "The $510K salary was not result of a negotiated compromise between Mike and the Angels"

MikeDiGiovanna 11:13am via Web

More Craig Landis: "In my opinion (Trout) contract falls well short of a "fair" contract and I have voiced this to the #Angels."

Mike Trout needs to have another great season for him to get a long term contract loaded with tons of $$$$ IMO. 

Half a million dollars for a 21 year old is not too shabby. I think the agent is just pissed he's not getting paid big money.... yet. 

I am not that concerned over this. Arte has been known to pay premium for players that deserve it. I am sure another season like Trout had last year and the Angels will be paying big bucks. I would be considered it Jackie Autry or Disney still owned the team and was low balling Trout.

Not a problem, IMO. He'll get his big contract soon.

Ah but what if Mike considers it an insult and goes after that big contract with someone else as soon as he is able. Sorry to bring Wells into the equation, but the Angels pay his fat ass what, 20 million and they give the best player on the team a derisory 20k pay rise....  :wacko:

Mike Trout needs to have another great season for him to get a long term contract loaded with tons of $$$$ IMO. 

Half a million dollars for a 21 year old is not too shabby. I think the agent is just pissed he's not getting paid big money.... yet. 

Trout had a terrific year, but he has less than one full year in the majors. I'm sure the club is going to make sure he is taken care of.