• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels renew Trout @ 510K. Agent mad?

Scott34

I'm not even sure what it means.  Last year, Tim Mead mentioned they weren't thrilled that he tweeted that Mike had been called up before the Angels had announced it... because it meant someone was getting sent down, but hadn't been told.  

I'm not even sure what it means.  Last year, Tim Mead mentioned they weren't thrilled that he tweeted that Mike had been called up before the Angels had announced it... because it meant someone was getting sent down, but hadn't been told.  

Yeah, it's one of those things that does no good for anyone. I remember they had people on and a big deal was made about Chicago Bulls Derek Rose and his brother saying the team needed to step up with the roster if they wasnt Derek to come back and play or some dumb shit.

Just one of those things that always makes the players look bad or is something most players don't want to deal with.

Comparing Trout to other rookies....LOL. Come on people. This is the greatest rookie of all time we're talking about here. Not some scrub like Peter Bourjos (No offense to Pete; he just isn't Trout.). I don't see why Arte is willing to dish out these huge contracts if he's at the same time not willing to pay his best player(who will be worth around 9 wins) a couple extra million bucks. This is disrespectful to Trout IMO. 

Comparing Trout to other rookies....LOL. Come on people. This is the greatest rookie of all time we're talking about here. Not some scrub like Peter Bourjos (No offense to Pete; he just isn't Trout.). I don't see why Arte is willing to dish out these huge contracts if he's at the same time not willing to pay his best player(who will be worth around 9 wins) a couple extra million bucks. This is disrespectful to Trout IMO. 

no its not. its one season. why break the bank when you dont have to? the team has several more years to pay him big bucks...why not wait to see if he continues to put up those numbers. from the team standpoint it makes sense...

lets say trout puts up huge numbers in 2013...you really think if the angels offered a fatty contract he would decline because he felt he was low balled with this contract? lol...he'd sign it in a heart beat

ok. so what contract would you have been satisfied with the angels offering trout...after one season?

A couple million at least to show him that he's a special player and will be treated better than the average second year player...because, you know, he isn't the average second year player.

How many 11 WAR seasons did Salmon have in his career? Let alone it was Trout's rookie year. You can't compare Trout to Salmon

how many 11 WAR season did Trout have? one?

ok..when he gets two then lets talk HUGEEEEEE money

A couple million at least to show him that he's a special player and will be treated better than the average second year player...because, you know, he isn't the average second year player.

i suspect he isnt the average the 2nd year player...nobody KNOWS he isnt.

no its not. its one season. why break the bank when you dont have to? the team has several more years to pay him big bucks...why not wait to see if he continues to put up those numbers. from the team standpoint it makes sense...

lets say trout puts up huge numbers in 2013...you really think if the angels offered a fatty contract he would decline because he felt he was low balled with this contract? lol...he'd sign it in a heart beat

Why not pay him a couple million so you don't risk him being bitter and leaving in 5 years? Arte is able to pay Callaspo 4.5 million, but can't pay Trout (11 win player) 2 million? WTF?

This guy should be treated better than Bourjos and Trumbo because he's a better player. It was just one season, but it was also one of the greatest first seasons ever. This makes no sense from the team standpoint. Low-balling your best player is stupid. As has been pointed out...Salmon got a higher contract than Trout 19 YEARS AGO. And Salmon wasn't half the player Trout is

how many 11 WAR season did Trout have? one?

ok..when he gets two then lets talk HUGEEEEEE money

How many 11 WAR seasons has anyone in the history of the game had? Not very many...

Trout is the best player in baseball and is making PBK money...that is fricken stupid. I'd be bitter if I was Trout