• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels renew Trout @ 510K. Agent mad?

Scott34

Bottom line is it isn't disrespectful, it's business. It also doesn't hurt his feelings, it's business. This also doesn't matter now.

What does matter is the long term deal towards the end of his rookie contract and getting him locked up. If we low ball him, then you guys concerned about feelings can have a party.

Bottom line is it isn't disrespectful, it's business. It also doesn't hurt his feelings, it's business. This also doesn't matter now.

What does matter is the long term deal towards the end of his rookie contract and getting him locked up. If we low ball him, then you guys concerned about feelings can have a party.

Even if it isn't disrespectful, he may think it is.  His family and friends might.  His agent seems to.  In business, you also need to consider doing things to appease your star employees, so they stay your employees.  

They didn't have to make the trade and pay Wells.  I've never suggested offering Trout a crazy @ss contract now.

lol. you arent seeing my point. no matter what....the Angels HAVE to pay Wells at this point..they DONT have to pay Trout. From a business standpoint it makes zero sense to pay a player until you have to. Is Trout better then Wells? No sh*t. Should the team pay Trout "Wells' money" when they dont have to...hell no.

Wait until Trout puts up another season or two of what he did in 2012 then throw money at him..no rush at this point

Even if it isn't disrespectful, he may think it is.  His family and friends might.  His agent seems to.  In business, you also need to consider doing things to appease your star employees, so they stay your employees.  

its business. people feel disrespected in business transactions. If I'm Arte I really dont give a sh*t what his family and friends think reagarding a contract to a second year player

It's his agents job to think he is underpaid or he isn't doing his job.

They appeased him with a nice signing bonus to go with his rookie contract.

What's the problem here? All of this won't mean anything in the end. They will lock up Trout to a long term deal. Relax folks

Oh yeah? Don't you remember what happened with Weaver ?!! 

You don't know how Trout or his family thinks about it, you don't know what other things the team is doing for Trout to appease him, and you have no ground to base any of your accusations on other than you think he deserves $1 Mill because he was rookie of the year (an award that, if based on "precedence," has literally NOTHING to do with how that player will perform for the rest of their career).

Your argument is all speculation and it's all stupid.

This thread will be a hilarious Friday bump in 2 years when Trout is still on our team and he just signed a 10 year contract with our team. And if he doesn't, it won't be because he didn't get that huge 2nd year bonus 2 years earlier.

“You could easily put yourself in a bad mood about it, but that’s not me,” Trout said. “I like to play baseball. I’m going to try to win a World Series for the team and not worry about off-the-field things.”