• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Holy Hell, Trevor Bauer 2.0!

Its like all the "magic must be gay!" rumors. 

The common person has ZERO idea how much poon athletes get.

And Magic, in the 80s, was about as big of a star as anyone ever. Up there with jordan, michael jackson, etc etc. 

I cant tell you how many 10s I knew back in the day who would throw themselves, at the drop of a hat, to the dominican relief pitcher, who spoke almost no english, and was at the big league level for 3 months in his entire career.

And that was for nobodies

Guys like Magic, Kobe, etc. Fuggitaboutit'

1 hour ago, Lhalo said:

FWIW I never liked Kobe either. He was a dick and pushed Shaq off the team.

Tom Cruise What GIF

Shaq wanted more money than Buss offered. Shaq would have been the highest paid player in the game but Shaq wanted more. Shaq then said he wanted to be traded to the heat to play with Wade.

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, cals said:

In another thread @Brandon was talking about breaking up with some girl and somehow the cops got called and they were practically begging her to say he hit her.  You think these cops would have arrested her and let him go if they had any reasonable suspicion he hit her?  It doesn’t work that way.

Begging is a little rich. They asked her why she called and she said it was because of the break up and she thought I was kicking her out of my house at the same time. They said it was my house and they couldn't do anything if I did want her to leave unless I touched her. She said no, but I found it peculiar they asked her another five times and emphasized certain words and reworded the question every time looking for a yes answer that wasn't there.

But I get your point and also see I shouldn't have told that story in a false or incorrect accusation thread.

3 minutes ago, cals said:

Obviously the point is that cops aren’t in the practice of letting male domestic abusers off the hook.  Your story stuck with me because I’d heard similar ones from other guys.  In fact when my dad was like 80, his girlfriend (who was like 40) fell at our house and hit her head on something.  He took her to the hospital and the cops showed up and she had to convince them she actually fell.  They wanted to arrest my elderly dad.

The fact that they arrested the woman and not Bauer is not insignificant.

Yeah, it's not uncommon. I didn't know anyone with a similar story until I told people and it was surprising how common it is for them to press the woman to give them any little thing for an arrest. Just a trip to have a run of the mill break up and the next thing you know you standing there wondering if you need to hire an attorney and how this will all affect your life if it plays out differently. Sounds like your pops not only went through what I did, but also your mother. I remember my ex starting to get upset about the repetitive questions and her starting to get snappy with the officer because she was tired of saying the same answer.....which brought on another set of thoughts how the situation could get worse. 

59 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Begging is a little rich. They asked her why she called and she said it was because of the break up and she thought I was kicking her out of my house at the same time. They said it was my house and they couldn't do anything if I did want her to leave unless I touched her. She said no, but I found it peculiar they asked her another five times and emphasized certain words and reworded the question every time looking for a yes answer that wasn't there.

But I get your point and also see I shouldn't have told that story in a false or incorrect accusation thread.

My guess is that 99% of women who are beaten by their significant others won't say so in front of their significant others, so they were trying to make it clear that she was free to tell them anything that was happening. @ten ocho recon scout could probably weigh in.

You seem like a smart dude so I doubt you'd choose to date a girl who would lie about you hitting her.

35 minutes ago, cals said:

Obviously the point is that cops aren’t in the practice of letting male domestic abusers off the hook.  Your story stuck with me because I’d heard similar ones from other guys.  In fact when my dad was like 80, his girlfriend (who was like 40) fell at our house and hit her head on something.  He took her to the hospital and the cops showed up and she had to convince them she actually fell.  They wanted to arrest my elderly dad.

The fact that they arrested the woman and not Bauer is not insignificant.

GTFO.

OJ was let off the hook a dozen times by cops before he finally lopped 2 people's heads off.  Cops will always give athletes and celebs the benefit of the doubt.

Edited by yk9001