• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Holy Hell, Trevor Bauer 2.0!

9 hours ago, cals said:

Good.  Because someone will hire him.  Because (in our hypothetical) he’s an innocent man wrongly accused.  He’s a victim.

I am not sure how he is a victim.  I am also not sure whether she is a victim.  I need more information, but I am confident that MLB and the police department/DA involved in the investigation will uncover a truth.

1 minute ago, eligrba said:

I am not sure how he is a victim.  I am also not sure whether she is a victim.  I need more information, but I am confident that MLB and the police department/DA involved in the investigation will uncover a truth.

This would be the case if the girl is lying about what happened and how it happened. Of course this is an unknown to the rest of the world at this point so hopefully they do get to the truth and whoever needs to be held accountable is. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

This would be the case if the girl is lying about what happened and how it happened. Of course this is an unknown to the rest of the world at this point so hopefully they do get to the truth and whoever needs to be held accountable is. 

If you were in Bauer's position and felt wrongly accused, wouldn't your response be more than vacationing in Zion with your agent?

8 hours ago, cals said:

I’ll save that if you ever get accused of a crime 

If I act like an upstanding citizen and follow the orders of the police to a T, I won't have to worry about getting in trouble with the law.

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

Is punching someone while they're passed out a crime?

Not sure, but in Minnesota, a women who is passed out due to intoxication is fair game for rape.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2021/03/27/minnesota-supreme-court-drunk-rape-victim-not-incapacitated/7027981002/

@cals is a blood-sucking, bottom feeding attorney.  So all he can see is through the prism of the judicial system.  As the saying goes, if you are a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

But what Spanky, Alfalfa and the rest of the boys here fail to grasp is that there are certain minimum societal standards that major league baseball players probably need to adhere to - regardless of criminality - to keep their jobs.  A few examples:

Let's say that every other word out of Bauer's mouth was the N-word.  N-word, N-word, N-word.  Every black player in the majors, he used that word in describing them.  Not against the law, I don't believe.  He would be gone from major league baseball in an instant.

Let's say that on the day Bauer pitched, he refused to use the bathroom.  He takes the mound with piss on the front and skid marks (or worse) in the back. Not against the law, I don't believe. He would be gone from major league baseball soon.

Let's say that after every time Bauer faced the press, he started with a 60 second statement about how the Sandy Hook elementary school shooting was a giant hoax. Nobody died. And that the kids were actors.  Nothing against the law in believing that.  Hell, conspiracy theories are now the United States' third largest export.  In fact, THERE ARE PEOPLE ON THIS VERY MESSAGE BOARD who perpetuated a dumbass conspiracy theory that the the 2020 election was stolen from Trump.  Bauer would be gone from the major league roster very soon after spouting his Sandy Hook theories.

People who run a billion dollar business may very well decide that it's a very bad look for one of the faces of your sport to pick up internet randos and beat the shit out of them to get off sexually.  So don't just look at it from just the court system viewpoint.

Edited by yk9001

1 hour ago, WicketMaiden said:

Whether it was consensual or not, and regardless of any criminality, if the text conversations are accurate then Bauer has admitted he becomes sexually aroused at the thought of choking a woman, and that is really messed up.

That would be enough for me as a player to say I didn't want him anywhere near my clubhouse. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

This is fair. There is a difference between being a sexual deviant and predator. He may just be a gross person and become a huge distraction in the club house. 

Agreed. 

Ive argued on here that criminal charges are unlikely (with just what is known). And also that weird sex isnt criminal (depending on what it is)

But hes obviously a weirdo, and he'll be known as one the rest of his life.

5 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Gotta be honest, I am not familiar with her.  Rowr..

1e1d8319d0.jpg.webp

I would love to bang that.  Or, in Trevor Bauer terminology, I would love to choke her out with her own hair, smack her when she is unconscious, and gouge her gums with my fingernails.

Yeah, but look at that pic of him and luba. Bauers in to gross knees

1 hour ago, eligrba said:

If you were in Bauer's position and felt wrongly accused, wouldn't your response be more than vacationing in Zion with your agent?

Maybe he’s a sociopath? I always thought he is one even before this incident.

1 hour ago, eligrba said:

When it comes to criminal cases I think remaining silent about it is probably prudent