• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels acquire Dexter Fowler and cash from the Cardinals for a PTBNL or cash

mmc

Just now, rafibomb said:

I think people haven't noticed how terrible Brian Goodwin was with the Reds last season. The guy had a -0.5 WAR. I'm all for hating on the trade but if your better option is Goodwin then idk....

But remember how good he was for us??

Obviously there’s some kind of comfort level he feels when he plays for us that he doesn’t get with other teams.

Just now, Bronson said:

But remember how good he was for us??

Obviously there’s some kind of comfort level he feels when he plays for us that he doesn’t get with other teams.

I agree but if that's the case maybe there will be a comfort level of playing with the same coach he had the best year of his career with in Maddon.

Just now, Hubs said:

Maybe, and just go with me here, they hope Fowler will be good. Or at least 2019 numbers if not 2017 numbers.

Just now, mmc said:

Makes A LOT more sense now

I think, @Hubs, the more likely answer is what mmc just cited - Fowler will be very cheap.

That said, Fowler is due 16.5mil, so we are on the hook for 3.75mil, right?

1 minute ago, rafibomb said:

I think people haven't noticed how terrible Brian Goodwin was with the Reds last season. The guy had a -0.5 WAR. I'm all for hating on the trade but if your better option is Goodwin then idk....

how about no one.  Just give Trout a day off and leave CF open.  Dexter Fowler is literally awful.  

I know this is going to be an unpopular opinion but I... don't hate this deal at $2.5M (if that's what we're paying).

Minasian just took the job recently.  He hasn't had the opportunity to build out his team, create a long-term vision, or really even get to know the team's prospects.

What Minasian is doing is playing a long game.  Next year's FA class is absolutely stacked, with a ton of high-end starting pitching and four amazing shortstops in the prime of their careers.  All of these one year deals, plus the Pujols $30M coming off the books, is going to create a TON of flexibility for Minasian and his team to formulate and implement a plan.

I am sensitive to the fear of a decline starting for Trout, but I think our window runs another five years.  I'll reserve judgement and will rain the hate down on Minasian if we're still in this same place a year from now.  But something tells me that the 2022 Angels are going to look MUCH better.  

Assuming we have baseball in 2022.

1 minute ago, Capital_Dave said:

I know this is going to be an unpopular opinion but I... don't hate this deal at $2.5M (if that's what we're paying).

Minasian just took the job recently.  He hasn't had the opportunity to build out his team, create a long-term vision, or really even get to know the team's prospects.

What Minasian is doing is playing a long game.  Next year's FA class is absolutely stacked, with a ton of high-end starting pitching and four amazing shortstops in the prime of their careers.  All of these one year deals, plus the Pujols $30M coming off the books, is going to create a TON of flexibility for Minasian and his team to formulate and implement a plan.

I am sensitive to the fear of a decline starting for Trout, but I think our window runs another five years.  I'll reserve judgement and will rain the hate down on Minasian if we're still in this same place a year from now.  But something tells me that the 2022 Angels are going to look MUCH better.  

Assuming we have baseball in 2022.

We are paying him 1.75 so less.

Once again im sitting here thinking, there has to be more... why would we make such a trade, for someone who will make more than what we could have gotten in FA.   
WE apparently have limited resources and this, is the lions share of them?
I wanted a bat, in RF, but this was about item 47 on the list of ideas... 

Just now, floplag said:

Once again im sitting here thinking, there has to be more... why would we make such a trade, for someone who will make more than what we could have gotten in FA.   
WE apparently have limited resources and this, is the lions share of them?
I wanted a bat, in RF, but this was about item 47 on the list of ideas... 

He’s getting $1.75 million from us.  So I don’t think this is the lions share of our resources left.