• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels acquire Dexter Fowler and cash from the Cardinals for a PTBNL or cash

mmc

1 minute ago, wopphil said:

Wow, some of you need to chill the f out. We just got a competent player to replace the glaring hole we had in RF, at a cost that doesn’t prevent more moves. This is a fine move. It might even be worth a win or two to the overall bottom line. And if Adell is any good, he will quickly take over the position from Fowler. 

how much do you want to bet he doesn't accumulate 1 win this year?  

people (or maybe it's just me) aren't freaking out.  I just disagree that this comes close to making us better in any way, shape or form and some other move for a guy on a minor league deal would likely have a better chance of doing so.  

6 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I hope Albert is good.  

We'll hope in one hand and shit in the other.  See which fills up first.  

I see a veteran outfielder that can play all three positions and hit from the left side.

For 1.75 Million. 

I’m not concerned with his defense or his sub par year in 2020. If he repeats 2019 But at less playing time he’s worth it. 

11 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

I think, @Hubs, the more likely answer is what mmc just cited - Fowler will be very cheap.

That said, Fowler is due 16.5mil, so we are on the hook for 3.75mil, right?

His salary for 2021 is $14.5 million.  Also a signing bonus of $1 million paid July 1 and Oct 1.  

By the way it sounds, looks like the Cards might be picking that up also.

Also per one of the original twits, it said a PTBNL or Cash.  Usually when it's like that, the PTBNL isn't really anything.  Like someone off waivers type player.

Just now, Hubs said:

I see a veteran outfielder that can play all three positions and hit from the left side.

For 1.75 Million. 

I’m not concerned with his defense or his sub par year in 2020. If he repeats 2019 But at less playing time he’s worth it. 

Why aren't you concerned with his defense?

I'm not overreacting.  This move is not gonna help the team.  It may hurt the team.  

I still think the Angels will be very competitive.   I think the team was better than they showed last year. It was just impossible to get over a rough start.   And I see room for improvement.... Ohtani, in particular.  Even Cobb may help.  Should, but after Harvey, Cahill, etc... who knows. 

3 minutes ago, Hubs said:

For 1.75 Million. 

Lots of guys can play those positions better.

Hell, Marsh is one.

Just now, Warfarin said:

I don't know if I am a fan of this approach.  I get that Maddon has input on things and he can vouch for certain guys, but likewise, I am sure there are a lot of other good players with good character that haven't played with Maddon, and could fit in just as well as the guys he once coached.

Agreed.

Weird thing to hang your hat on... so often.