• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels acquire Dexter Fowler and cash from the Cardinals for a PTBNL or cash

mmc

2 minutes ago, T.G. said:

The funny thing is fans have been saying Arte needs to let the front office staff make the baseball decisions and then complain when they do.

No one is complaining that the GM is making the decisions. We're complaining about the decisions themselves.

As of right now, Minasian looks like a dumbass. I hope whatever "homework" he has done is worth it because what the actual shitting fuck.

Edited by tdawg87

1 minute ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

He filled the 4th OF spot for less than 2m. Not sure what the fuss is about. Wish it was puig with some pop but it’s a meh move. 

Apparently Minasian said he's going to start. Though "Maddon fills out the lineup card".

Even though he’s a switch hitter, he hits better from the left in 2020, .260 / .349 / .452 / .801 and In 2019 .246 / .351 / .426 / .774.

That’s exactly what they needed.

He’s a primarily left handed bat that can play all three outfield positions.  

This is exactly what I just said I wanted. Doubt he starts against lefties.

For 14 M, it would’ve been nuts, but for 1.75?

Just now, rafibomb said:

These holes won't all have to be filled through free agency. There's also such a thing as a farm system, Alden.

How many of those holes will be filled with guys from our farm system, though? RF is likely. Maybe 2 rotation spots, if we're lucky. That's all I can think of.

1 minute ago, rafibomb said:

These holes won't all have to be filled through free agency. There's also such a thing as a farm system, Alden.

Yup. I'm guessing with a ton of payroll coming off we could be suitors for Story and a SP like McCullers or Syndergaard, plus trades! 

1 minute ago, Hubs said:

Even though he’s a switch hitter, he hits better from the left in 2020, .260 / .349 / .452 / .801 and In 2019 .246 / .351 / .426 / .774.

That’s exactly what they needed.

He’s a primarily left handed bat that can play all three outfield positions.  

This is exactly what I just said I wanted. Doubt he starts against righties.

For 14 M, it would’ve been nuts, but for 1.75?

If the Angels had made several good moves already, no one would bat an eyelash at this move. It's because it comes in this dearth of an off-season that we feel like a group of thirsty dogs who were just served salt water.

These acquisitions have been boring af.  I like a couple of em... and maybe there's more to come.  There were a lot of good players available, though.   There are some left.  The best the Angels have acquired is Quintana?   After the mess that was last season... and last year in general.   It's a letdown.