• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

It's interesting to see all these relatively unknown arms in the Angels system rack up high strikeout totals. Perhaps it's a product of hitters striking out more after missing an entire season, but tons of pitchers in the Angels system have had large K totals.

Jhonathan Diaz, Zach Linginfelter, Cristopher Molina, Andrew Blake, Brent Killam, Julio Goff, Jose Salvador, Ryan Smith, etc.

7 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I wondering if that's true actually.  I bet cavemen had to be pretty damn fast or else we wouldn't exist.  

I'm thinking it's true. Cavemen, as it were, was a phenomenon most common in Europe and America, where most of the remains have indicated a shorter, stockier population. High protein diets combined with colder temperatures fosters that adaptation. The kind of speed Marsh is displaying looks like it requires some long strides and lean mass. 

Just now, Second Base said:

I'm thinking it's true. Cavemen, as it were, was a phenomenon most common in Europe and America, where most of the remains have indicated a shorter, stockier population. High protein diets combined with colder temperatures fosters that adaptation. The kind of speed Marsh is displaying looks like it requires some long strides and lean mass. 

New gloss:  Captain CAVEMAN!!!!

1 hour ago, rafibomb said:

I still think he has a decent chance to make it as a starter.

I have nothing to base this on other than me watching him pitch a few times, but everything about him screams reliever to me. His lower release point, lack of command, potential for higher velocity, and his left handedness. 

My view of what constitutes a starter is probably too narrow in it's scope but the only guys in the system that I see with a potential future in a big league rotation are Barria, Sandoval, Rodriguez, Detmers and Kochanowicz. 

But guys like Yan, Pina, Suarez, Hernandez, once they reach AA or AAA, it's probably best for both their careers and the organization if they started shortening their outings to no more than once through the order, started focusing on throwing harder and using only two pitches, fastball and an off-speed. 

The major league bullpen is really lousy, and I'd have no problem throwing Suarez, Yan and even a future starter like Sandoval in there for one inning stints to see if they can bridge those middle of inning gaps the Angels have. 

Edited by Second Base

10 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I have nothing to base this on other than me watching him pitch a few times, but everything about him screams reliever to me. His lower release point, lack of command, potential for higher velocity, and his left handedness. 

My view of what constitutes a starter is probably too narrow in it's scope but the only guys in the system that I see with a potential future in a big league rotation are Barria, Sandoval, Rodriguez, Detmers and Kochanowicz. 

But guys like Yan, Pina, Suarez, Hernandez, once they reach AA or AAA, it's probably best for both their careers and the organization if they started shortening their outings to no more than once through the order, started focusing on throwing harder and using only two pitches, fastball and an off-speed. 

The major league bullpen is really lousy, and I'd have no problem throwing Suarez, Yan and even a future starter like Sandoval in there for one inning stints to see if they can bridge those middle of inning gaps the Angels have. 

You don’t think Naughton and Seminaris are starters are just leaving out lower ceiling guys?

Edited by rafibomb

When do you guys think, Marsh will get the call up? Upton just isn't cutting it anymore, both offensively and defensivly. Adell's Strike-out rate still worries me and i just think Marsh is more of a final product at this point compared to Adell. 

Looking at the other call ups, I would say that if Marsh doesn't struggle, than in another 10-15 games we'll have out answers. 

10 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

When do you guys think, Marsh will get the call up? Upton just isn't cutting it anymore, both offensively and defensivly. Adell's Strike-out rate still worries me and i just think Marsh is more of a final product at this point compared to Adell. 

Looking at the other call ups, I would say that if Marsh doesn't struggle, than in another 10-15 games we'll have out answers. 

Upton isn't going anywhere. He's off to a slow start but he hasn't been awful. 

Marsh could get called up to play RF.

11 hours ago, rafibomb said:

You don’t think Naughton and Seminaris are starters are just leaving out lower ceiling guys?

Naughton played with his delivery in an effort to create more deception, spin on his pitches and velocity. He'll remain a starter for the time being but I think he's going to see if he can hack it as a reliever in the long run. Once the Angels didn't protect him and everyone passed on taking him in the Rule 5, I think it forced him to alter some things to advance good career. 

As for Seminaris, I honestly just forgot about him. Any one here could say as much about him as I can. All I've seen are videos from college. If you say he's a starter, I believe you. 

1 hour ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

I think in July, they'll promote both Adell and Marsh. Package deal. They'll flank Trout and bring a level of excitement and enthusiasm to the roster that can be beneficial. 

54 minutes ago, Stax said:

Noticed that in Low A and A ball the Angels are letting two pitchers pitch the game. The starter going 5 innings and the other going 4 innings.

The return of tandem starters -- this is both an indication of changing times (teams limiting times through the lineup) and the team actively trying to determine which guys need to be moved to RP roles which is very old school.  The Angels did this at the lower levels under Stoneman, it's nothing new but for whatever reasons they got away from it when JD showed up.

Really one of the best things happening early on.

The Angels are turning to Cuba for their future catcher. First it is Edgar Quero, signed this year and Jonathan Linares next year.

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffnt&q=cuban+c+edgar+quero&atb=v228-1&iax=videos&ia=videos&iai=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dd_WAMskYDXQ

Sources: The Angels will sign Cuban C Jonathan Linares (16) when the next international signing period opens in January 2022. Linares left Cuba in 2020, he is a switch hitter with remarkable defensive skills.