• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

80fbc677-61b4-4f89-9040-83b28a7d923e_x96

I keep hearing that the could be the biggest wild card in the Top 10. I've heard Bubba Chandler there as a SS, also could be the high point for fellow Georgia prepster Harry Ford, who's crazy athletic for a C. #DraftTop200
Quote Tweet

tE0eSQX__normal.jpg

TAYLOR WARD FAN CLUB

@CantHitWRISP
· 1h
Replying to @jimcallisMLB @CespedesBBQ and 2 others
Any idea on the direction the Angels go with their pick? #DraftTop200

49 minutes ago, John Smith said:

I keep hearing that the could be the biggest wild card in the Top 10. I've heard Bubba Chandler there as a SS, also could be the high point for fellow Georgia prepster Harry Ford, who's crazy athletic for a C. #DraftTop200
Quote Tweet

tE0eSQX__normal.jpg

TAYLOR WARD FAN CLUB

@CantHitWRISP
· 1h

LOL at a high school catcher or SS.  Yeah, yeah, "best player available," toolsy talents, blah blah blah. 

# 13 Harry Ford  C, North Cobb (GA)

AGE 18

BATS R

DOB 02/21/2003

THROWS R

HT 5' 10"

WT 200

Scouting Grades/Report (20-80 grading scale)

HIT 50

POWER 50

RUN 60

ARM 55

FIELD 55

OVERALL55

The state of Georgia has produced four first-round catchers in the last seven Drafts -- Max Pentecost, Tyler Stephenson, Anthony Seigler, Joey Bart -- and Ford has better all-around tools than any of them. The track record of high school catchers taken in the first round scares clubs, but Ford has the bat and athleticism to profile well at several other positions as well. One scout likened him to Craig Biggio for his ability to theoretically play catcher, second base or center field. 

Ford features some of the best bat speed in the high school class and has a track record of making loud contact against quality pitching, though he sometimes tries to do too much at the plate. He's also strong and has good leverage in his right-handed swing, so he has all of the ingredients to have average or better power. He's very fast for a catcher, clocking a 6.42-second time in the 60-yard dash at the East Coast Pro showcase. 

There's no doubt that Ford can remain behind the plate, though he still needs to polish up his footwork to get the most out of his solid to plus arm strength. Quick and agile, the Georgia Tech recruit has stood out as a receiver while handling premium stuff on the showcase circuit. Though he doesn't have a lot of experience at other positions, he has the athleticism, quickness and arm to play second base, third base or anywhere in the outfield.

https://www.mlb.com/prospects/draft/harry-ford-695670

2 hours ago, John Smith said:

Quote Tweet

tE0eSQX__normal.jpg

TAYLOR WARD FAN CLUB

@CantHitWRISP
· 1h

Also just want to note (in case it hasn't been pointed out elsewhere on here) that Chandler has committed to Clemson as a QB, too, though he's said to prefer baseball.  That said, he might be a tough sign and if he doesn't get what he wants money-wise or doesn't like the team that drafts him, he has another great option.

14 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Also just want to note (in case it hasn't been pointed out elsewhere on here) that Chandler has committed to Clemson as a QB, too, though he's said to prefer baseball.  That said, he might be a tough sign and if he doesn't get what he wants money-wise or doesn't like the team that drafts him, he has another great option.

Stay away from him, can’t afford to lose a good draft position.

Anyone know anything about Julio Goff? He's 21 in low A, has walked 5 and struck out 17 in 12.1 IP. 1.46 ERA. Emilker Guzman is another guy who has been forgotten about, but I remember him coming up a couple years ago. Off to a nice start with 8 Ks and no walks in 9.1 IP, no earned runs.

Detmers reminds me a bit of Joe Saunders. Not comparing their actual pitching, but in that he's very high floor but with limited ceiling. Or Canning, for that matter. Neither Canning nor Detmers will be an ace, but they'll both have solid big league careers.

One of the reasons why I don't want to give up on Chris Rodriguez as a starter is his upside. If Canning and Detmers end up being #3s at their best, C-Rod can be the #2 to Othani as #1. Then flesh out that rotation with guys like Sandoval, Barria, and Suarez as the #5-7 group. 

I know people want a stud free agent, but at this point I'm sick of the Bundy/Cobb/Quintana types and unless they can get a true #2 or better, just go with the in-house young guys.

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

Detmers reminds me a bit of Joe Saunders. Not comparing their actual pitching, but in that he's very high floor but with limited ceiling. Or Canning, for that matter. Neither Canning nor Detmers will be an ace, but they'll both have solid big league careers.

One of the reasons why I don't want to give up on Chris Rodriguez as a starter is his upside. If Canning and Detmers end up being #3s at their best, C-Rod can be the #2 to Othani as #1. Then flesh out that rotation with guys like Sandoval, Barria, and Suarez as the #5-7 group. 

I know people want a stud free agent, but at this point I'm sick of the Bundy/Cobb/Quintana types and unless they can get a true #2 or better, just go with the in-house young guys.

FA is not a viable option.  Every year we pursue the best FA pitch available.   We end up losing th to a team that paid an ungodly long contract for an ungodly large sum of money. 

At that point everyone on the board agree the contract was not worth it and it was an overpay.  

FA pitchers cost yoo much and too risky.  

Get a lock down pen!  Get Ohtani, Canning and mediocre pitching after that.  We can win with mediocre starters.  We cannot win with shitty bullpen.

2 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

That's the comp I made when he was drafted, and got a little negative feedback on. Joe Saunders, before fading off into the sunset was a solid #3/4 starter for a time. Dependable. And that's what I think Detmers is, and will be. Boring, but solid. Dependable. He's not your ace, but he is the sort that you want three more of to round out the middle and bottom of your rotation. 

6 innings, and 2-3 runs every fifth or sixth day.