• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

1 hour ago, rageous said:

What was Detmers hitting on his fastball?

I still have hopes for him to contribute in the majors this year.

In his first start he was 92-95 MPH with his fastball. Don't know about last night. 

21 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

In his first start he was 92-95 MPH with his fastball. Don't know about last night. 

holy shit

E1NiS8ZVEAECIOz?format=jpg&name=large

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/daily-prospect-notes-5-12-21/

Full blurb:

Notes
It’s not often that big conference college performers are divisive among drafting teams, but Detmers’ lack of fastball velocity (he sat 88-92 at Louisville) was concerning to some of them. Sure, he had four well-defined pitches, terrific command, and a track record of success against big conference hitters, but it’s rare for big league starters to only throw 90 and be good enough that you feel happy to have drafted them early in the first round. Well, Detmers has had a huge velo spike. He sat 93-95 and touched 97 last night. It’s the second start in a row where he’s averaged close to 94. The new velocity might be part of why Detmers was uncharacteristically wild in his first start. If Detmers can a) hold this velo into the summer and b) start to wield it with the same precision he did in college over the next several weeks, he’ll move into the Top 100. We put Detmers on our Picks to Click more with the expectation that he’d show that his stuff plays even though it isn’t all that firm, rather than because he’d suddenly throw in the mid-90s.

Edited by rafibomb

4 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I'm hoping Paris gets promoted by this Saturday. I'm going to see a Jordyn Adams-less Tri-Cities Dust Devils team play the Everett Aqua Sox. Outside of Adams there's not many other top prospects on that team. 

Who should I be keeping in eye on there this Saturday?

In addition to the guys Doc mentioned, I'd also look out for Hector Yan, Chris Molina, Robinson Pina, and maybe Drevian Williams-Nelson.

17 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

In addition to the guys Doc mentioned, I'd also look out for Hector Yan, Chris Molina, Robinson Pina, and maybe Drevian Williams-Nelson.

I left out Yan, Molina and Pina because I didn't think they'd be pitching on Sat.  I did some research as to who was up in the rotation.  Jerk.  

42 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I'm looking to see what Raider Uceta and Rainier Rivas do this year. I have high hopes for them and think they could really help the club down the road.

4 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I can't tell if this is a joke?  They were traded to the Astros.

All part of the plan! 

Or... AJ has been an Astros fan all along! Hmm.   And he's been doing his voodoo crap to bring down the Angels.

Edited by True Grich

1 hour ago, True Grich said:

All part of the plan! 

Or... AJ has been an Astros fan all along! Hmm.   And he's been doing his voodoo crap to bring down the Angels.

If only.

Actually, the Astros were my first favorite team. But this was the late 70s and I was a tot and just liked the 70s shirts. I was going through some old stuff at my dad's house and found an Astros pin. I started liking the Angels when I visited my grandparents in Palm Springs, I think in 1980. I was taken in by the paraphernalia. And it has been a tragicomedy since.

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

If only.

Actually, the Astros were my first favorite team. But this was the late 70s and I was a tot and just liked the 70s shirts. I was going through some old stuff at my dad's house and found an Astros pin. I started liking the Angels when I visited my grandparents in Palm Springs, I think in 1980. I was taken in by the paraphernalia. And it has been a tragicomedy since.

Back when the Astros weren’t cheaters

2 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

If only.

You're older than I thought.

OOOh Smokes! If Detmer's is really hitting as high as 97, and his able to maintain a velocity in the 93-95 range this opens up his Ceiling more! I could say that at the Moment, we are looking at a 2/3 but back when he was drafted, their were reports of a cutter, If he can develop that Cutter in a solid pitch, along with the increase velocity, your looking a Lester typt of ceiling!

Also another guy to keep an eye on, that i would say has gone under the radar is Michael Stefanic! he can really hit! upto .400, doesn't strike-out alot, can take his walks but lack power, he could be one of those good fringe starter or a Ut guy. 

Also anyone got reports on these new guys we've signed? 

Livan Soto with his second HR. If he finds some pop he becomes one of our better prospects IMO, and threatens for an MLB job next season. The defense is legit. He also has two triples and a double. He only had two HR in his prior 719 pro PA, and only eight XBH in all of ‘19 in over 300 PA. He's also striking out much more often. Maybe they pushed him to be more aggressive and he found some power along the way? Julio de la Cruz is also on my radar...made the jump stateside really young, he's had glimpses of plus power and discipline. They must like him too to be moving him along so quickly. 

Michael Stefanic is also making good on my prediction of being the next David Fletcher. Maybe not the exact same player, but I see the same type of prospect in him that Fletcher, Walsh, and Rojas were at this stage. Hitting .412/.474/.559/1.033 in AA so far.

Seeing that Erik Rivera has only pitched so far makes me wonder if they've abandoned the two-way thing, at least on a regular basis.

Edited by totdprods