• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

20 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Interesting that Oliver Otega has been used in the Bullpen this season! which is the role that I believe he fits in and hopefully he dominates and can help the big league roster as they seriously need his arm.

I noticed the same as well. That fastball must be touching triple digits in the pen pretty frequently.

36 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Guys, Paris has another two stolen bases (8) and two hits tonight. He also has a walk and RBI. He's hitting .348 after an 0-4 w/ 4 K's on opening day. 

tenor.gif?itemid=14496504

My comp for him was Jean Segura. The Angels were extremely high on him at the alternate site and we can see why. Hoping to see him make the jump to High-A and shoot up prospect lists.

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

Kochanowicz got roughed up a bit: 2 IP, 3 Hits, 3 ER, 2 Walks, 2 Ks.

Livan Soto has three hits tonight, including a 2B and HR. He's hitting .310 with a .961 OPS.

I'm growing bullish on Livan.  For no other reason than I want to hear his walk up music when he gets to mlb.  

Seriously though, I wonder if he's starting to put on some man weight.  

2 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I'm growing bullish on Livan.  For no other reason than I want to hear his walk up music when he gets to mlb.  

Seriously though, I wonder if he's starting to put on some man weight.  

wait what's his walk-up music?

12 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Like a Howie and Segura hybrid.  

I'm hoping the glove sticks at shortstop.

39 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

The Paris Watch: when will he be promoted to A+? My guess is not until the second half (July), but you never know.

Livan Soto may turn out to be a good UT, fringe regular. I don't think he'll ever pack on enough power to fit the expectation of starting middle infielders, though, but he could get a regular gig somewhere.

I'm hoping Paris gets promoted by this Saturday. I'm going to see a Jordyn Adams-less Tri-Cities Dust Devils team play the Everett Aqua Sox. Outside of Adams there's not many other top prospects on that team. 

Who should I be keeping in eye on there this Saturday?

10 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I'm hoping Paris gets promoted by this Saturday. I'm going to see a Jordyn Adams-less Tri-Cities Dust Devils team play the Everett Aqua Sox. Outside of Adams there's not many other top prospects on that team. 

Who should I be keeping in eye on there this Saturday?

you might get Davis Daniel on the bump.  Not sure why they skipped a start for Aaron Hernandez but maybe him.  

Otherwise it's Livan Soto and maybe Adrian Rondon or Jose Verrier.  

I think minor league placements were a little arbitrary this year because so many of the prospects basically took the year off. They went to the local high school field and dominated a bunch of 16 years old in BP and pick up games. The talent and competitive spirit had to be lacking. 

So right now, they're just seeing what they have. 

Paris is an exception to the rule, as I understand. He spent the layoff building muscle, and transformed his body. By the time the Angels invited him to the alt site, they believed they had a prospect that made a distinct developmental leap. 

Now that he's playing against other guys his age that were forced to high school field, you can see he's quite a bit more prepared to succeed. He'll likely move up by mid June if he's still producing. The competition will only get better as guys get back into the swing of things. 

But in general, I think a lot of guys will move around this year as teams get a better read.