• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

22 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I hope Adell puts up gaudy numbers in SLC. 

Personally I’m still leaning in the trade Adell for pitching camp.

Especially if Adams continues his advancement with that potential GG defense.  Although Adams is likely 1.5 to 2 seasons away.

11 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Actually, the thing with him is less about pitch recognition and more about having the discipline to take the effing walk or let a ball go.  It all goes back to his confidence.  He thinks he can hit any pitch, elevate any ball, turn on every FB.  That confidence has served him well, and that drive will continue to push him to be better but the dude needs fight the urge to be THE guy and take what he's being given.

He has talent for days and the make up to match, but he's trying to get into the HOF while in the minors...  At least that's how I read his actions.

Accepting what they are giving him will offset those contact issues .... Which is why I say that will be the key.

Nothing is more frustrating to me baseball wise than a guy who has a hitters count (say 2-0) and swings at a pitcher's pitch on the corner -- and grounds out / pops up.  Take the pitch as a strike and your 2-1 count dude.  Limit your swing to your prime zone...otherwise more onto the next pitch.  You have the count your way.  It's not that difficult.  But some guys just can't ever learn and get greedy.  

signs summerblockbusters GIF by Sony Movie Channel

7 hours ago, rafibomb said:

Damn I've never seen so much criticism for a guy that went 2-5 with a double and a homer (albeit with 2 strikeouts). I can only imagine if he started the season like 0-8 with 5 strikeouts lol

being critical or excited based on game to game performance is actually the opposite of what he needs.  Of course no one here is going to have any influence on him.  But IP's observations are consistent with what he's been saying all along.  You want him pimping hrs in AAA?  Or admiring a liner to see if it gets out of the yard instead of running hard out of the box for a stand up double instead of having to increase injury risk by going full speed and then sliding?  

He still swung through 8 pitches yesterday.  All of which were in the zone according to the gameday (not sure if that's totally true though as that thing is hard to trust for the minor league games).  

I think @Inside Pitch's point is that his success at other levels is because of pure raw talent and he may even have enough to eventually 'raw' his way to a good AAA season but it's all about doing the things that are going to help him be successful in the majors and it doesn't look like that light has gone on yet.  

I don't mind guys having some swag but I kinda think they have to earn the right to do that.  But I'm a bit old school in that way.  I don't see it as disrespecting the game as much as I see it as a focus issue for the individual.   To me there's a difference between being excited and showing emotion vs. pure peacocking.  

26 minutes ago, Fourts said:

Nothing is more frustrating to me baseball wise than a guy who has a hitters count (say 2-0) and swings at a pitcher's pitch on the corner -- and grounds out / pops up.  Take the pitch as a strike and your 2-1 count dude.  Limit your swing to your prime zone...otherwise more onto the next pitch.  You have the count your way.  It's not that difficult.  But some guys just can't ever learn and get greedy.  

signs summerblockbusters GIF by Sony Movie Channel

conversely, I also hate when 2-0 becomes an automatic take like it has for many these days.  Then we watch a BP fastball right down broadway.  

13 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

being critical or excited based on game to game performance is actually the opposite of what he needs.  Of course no one here is going to have any influence on him.  But IP's observations are consistent with what he's been saying all along.  You want him pimping hrs in AAA?  Or admiring a liner to see if it gets out of the yard instead of running hard out of the box for a stand up double instead of having to increase injury risk by going full speed and then sliding?  

He still swung through 8 pitches yesterday.  All of which were in the zone according to the gameday (not sure if that's totally true though as that thing is hard to trust for the minor league games).  

I think @Inside Pitch's point is that his success at other levels is because of pure raw talent and he may even have enough to eventually 'raw' his way to a good AAA season but it's all about doing the things that are going to help him be successful in the majors and it doesn't look like that light has gone on yet.  

I don't mind guys having some swag but I kinda think they have to earn the right to do that.  But I'm a bit old school in that way.  I don't see it as disrespecting the game as much as I see it as a focus issue for the individual.   To me there's a difference between being excited and showing emotion vs. pure peacocking.  

Spot on.   

My take on Adell is the same now as it was prior to his call up last year, so if people think I'm being hyper-critical they haven't been paying attention.  He's got all the talent in the world and as I said previously, the make up to match but that cockiness of his and that desire to be the guy has to be contained and he needs to know when to lay off a bad pitch.  As you pointed out, he's been able to tool his way through things and that's a testament to how talented he is, but it's also a contributing factor into why he will swing a balls he should lay off of.

It takes more than big tools to succeed in MLB.

49 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

conversely, I also hate when 2-0 becomes an automatic take like it has for many these days.  Then we watch a BP fastball right down broadway.  

Totally agree.  That's the whole point of having a good eye -- making the pitcher have to throw a potentially hittable strike.  Not freaking take a walk (unless you're a weak, slap-hitting speedster).  Even at 3-0, if that FB is in your condensed hot zone -- swing away Merrill!

It's like getting 11 on blackjack or the dealer with a 6 showing -- doubling down on it.  The odds have moved to you and that's when you need to try to take advantage.   

4 minutes ago, ScottT said:

What the heck is the development list? 

Reserve list, too. 

I believe I read somewhere that the Development list is what they are calling extended ST now...   But that was before they finalized all the changes, so it may be something else now.

Watching a chunk of milb tv today.  

Thaiss looks comfortable and natural behind the plate.  Wantz has good stuff although I didn't see a third pitch.  Took him out after a couple of bloops and then the next guy shit the bed and gave up a grand slam.  Adell had an RBI single and kicked a grounder in the OF.  He definitely plays with a lot of energy out there.  Gatewood has a really nice swing and made a couple of really nice defensive plays at 3b

In AA, Jake Lee didn't look bad even though his line wasn't great.  Gave up at least 5 or 6 bloop singles.  Not sure the other team hit a ball hard at all.  Stuff wasn't overly impressive.  

Production quality for the IE team really sucked so it was hard to tell much but it seemed like Seminaris showed some decent or even good secondary stuff.  I think it was the change up where he got some swing and miss but he left his fastball up a few time and it got hit real hard.  

Doesn't look like tri cities is set up to broadcast as they've yet to have one.  

#9 left hander for the 66ers does not screw around on the mound. He gets the ball from the catcher, gets a sign and goes into his windup. No shaking off signs, wandering around the mound, playing with the ball or stare downs.

His fastball clocks at 95 with an offspeed at 73, made a few batters spin out of their shoes thinking fastball and getting a slider at 85.