• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Perry Minasian’s Front Office Hirings Thread

mmc

• mmc changed the title to Perry Minasian’s Front Office Hirings Thread

Tamin previously served as director of baseball operations with the Los Angeles Dodgers, where he had worked since 2011. He was originally hired by the Dodgers as director of baseball contracts, research and operations. 
Tamin, who earned his law degree from U.C.L.A. in 1995, garnered 15 years of experience working with multiple Major League teams in arbitration cases.

From https://www.mlb.com/press-release/braves-add-tamin-and-pare-to-baseball-operations-staff-263213104

7 minutes ago, Trendon said:
It will be interesting to see if the Angels do hire another AGM, and if it will be an external hire or an internal promotion.

I think it'd be an internal promotion, but an outside hire would make sense since Minasian might just want to bring in another one of his own hires.

I think in Victor Rojas' letter/application that he posted, he referenced two people he would employ as his assistant GMs.  Considering that Eppler had two assistants, and along with what Rojas said, I have to imagine Minasian will have a second assistant GM.

My guess is he will likely look to hire an external candidate - someone that he didn't work with in Atlanta, who can help provide him with a different point of view.

9 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

I think in Victor Rojas' letter/application that he posted, he referenced two people he would employ as his assistant GMs.  Considering that Eppler had two assistants, and along with what Rojas said, I have to imagine Minasian will have a second assistant GM.

My guess is he will likely look to hire an external candidate - someone that he didn't work with in Atlanta, who can help provide him with a different point of view.

Yeah, I'd imagine he wouldn't hire another executive from Atlanta to be the other AGM.

Maybe he hires someone who he was with in Toronto?

9 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Yeah, I'd imagine he wouldn't hire another executive from Atlanta to be the other AGM.

Maybe he hires someone who he was with in Toronto?

I'd actually like to think he will look to someone from a different front office - someone who can provide an outside point of view.  I have to imagine hiring someone from Toronto would provide a similar POV to himself and Tamin.

That said, as I do a little digging into Tamin's background, I think he is more of an analytics-focused guy, whereas the other hires appear more scouting-oriented.  As Minasian has said - he wants to blend the two together, and it appears the FO he is building will reflect that.

Found this sniper about some roles that Tamin played with ATL:

https://www.si.com/mlb/2020/10/09/braves-historic-postseason-start

The cabal begins with a heavily detailed pregame run prevention script cobbled together by director of operations Alex Tamin and his analysts. Tamin, who earned a law degree from UCLA in 1995, was poached from the quant-loving Dodgers before the 2018 season by GM Alex Anthopolous, a Dodgers alum himself. Tamin took many of the systems the Dodgers used, including defensive positioning charts for position players that are specific to the pitcher on the mound at the time.

This was an article discussing Atlanta's success this postseason when they got off to their blistering start.  Tamin, from all accounts, seems like he played a key role in Atlanta.  Excited to see how this FO will look and how this team will look with time.

4 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

excuse my but i think i busted. 

https://imgur.com/a/elDsCV9

spider man GIF

2 hours ago, eligrba said:

Better pitching also falls into the run prevention category....

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

We now send you to T-Dawg’s bunk.

But that was just a dream....

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=you+tube+losing+my+religion&view=detail&mid=2F3D7C3A7FC9D6062B692F3D7C3A7FC9D6062B69&FORM=VIRE0&ru=%2fsearch%3fq%3dyou%2btube%2blosing%2bmy%2breligion%26form%3dAPIPA1%26PC%3dAPPD

this is all good news. i'm thinking the angels may have hired well. i really didn't know perry at all and when the list was down to him and a jerry dipoto underling, i think i unfairly grouped the two together, especially with some of the highly qualified names that were cut. i'm very happy to see these comments and these hirings. i'm hopeful for the angel's future.