• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Are you ok with what Andrelton Simmons did?

kevinb

Are you ok with what Andrelton Simmons did?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Are you ok with what Andrelton Simmons did?

I'm fine with it. Alot of people saying he quit, there's only 5 games left, he gave it all for the game's he did play. We're not making the playoffs, 5 games arent going to change that either.

I also would not be surprised if Simmons was perhaps waiting for contract talks to begin, and I guess they never began and implied that we probably wont be re-signing him.

1 minute ago, Kevinb said:

At what point would you have been bothered by it? 10 games? 15 games? 20? Do you care if they show up at all? 

Andrelton Simmons could have opted out before they played one game and it would have been fine by me because that’s the choice that he was given .  He played until the last pointless week.  I don’t give a fuck.  

JMO.  But this just signals he won't be back with the Angels no matter what.  For him, it's not worth the risk of injury before FA'cy, plus his OPS is just north of .700 which probably helps in FA negotiations if I channel my inner Boras.  And it won't affect the team one bit, and if it means we lose a few games because of it, might help in our draft position.  

So really a nutin burger.

I can understand opting out due to pandemic/family concerns. 

What I didn't like was hearing Maddon say he was surprised and had no idea. Just seems like a lack of communication to your own coach. Maddon also said he sent him a text but hasn't heard back.
Maddon has the (crazy) idea that we are still in this thing which really shocks me Simba dipped out. 

I just hope this was a health/safety precaution and nothing to do with management or lack or negotiations between Simba and the Angels on a new contract. 

22 minutes ago, Stradling said:

My guess is he would care if he was immature or if he wanted to make someone a villain without knowing the facts. 

Strad you honestly crack me up. When did I call him a villain or make him out to be a villain. I said it is what it is. It's selfish but that's what he wants to do. So be it. I think it's quitting on his team. He is thinking about his future and about free agency. You are the only one that thinks something is going on with his family. No one in the organization knew anything before he called it quits on the season. I'll gladly take my lashing if something turns out that he walked away because of a family emergency. But I think you will eat crow way before I eat crow on this one. You an have a different perspective and a different take that's fine. But don't put words in my mouth when I didn't say anything that you have accused me of saying. 

13 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

why?  why put those guys on the 40 for what are likely 5 meaningless games?

The same reason many other teams are doing it, to see what they got at the big league level. 

Plus our 40 man roster sucks outside of 25 guys on it. 

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

The same reason many other teams are doing it, to see what they got at the big league level. 

I think for guys like Paris and Jackson, who are both at least several years away, the results would be tough to watch.  Adell doesn't look ready at all, and I think Jackson and Paris would look even worse in that regard.

Plus, it would start the clock in terms of having to option them in the next few years, etc. 

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

But Chuck with guys like Jackson or Paris, who won’t be up with the team next year, you are throwing away two years of control.  Hell neither need to be protected for two or three years.  

57 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

JMO.  But this just signals he won't be back with the Angels no matter what.  For him, it's not worth the risk of injury before FA'cy, plus his OPS is just north of .700 which probably helps in FA negotiations if I channel my inner Boras.  And it won't affect the team one bit, and if it means we lose a few games because of it, might help in our draft position.  

So really a nutin burger.

INO just told me that isn't on the secret menu.

I'm ready to give him the benefit of the doubt but the limited details leave a bad look. You'd think if Simmons had some health and family concern he'd mention it rather than simply state that he has the right to do it. 

More than anything I think this signals that Simmons will not be back next year.

it seems pretty clear to me that he dipped out protecting his health foremost and his numbers second.

i don't have a problem with it because he waited until there was nothing left for the team to play for. i'm ok with that.

also, it seems like this hints at it being more likely that he doesn't return.

40 minutes ago, Stradling said:

But Chuck with guys like Jackson or Paris, who won’t be up with the team next year, you are throwing away two years of control.  Hell neither need to be protected for two or three years.  

I understand all of that, but selfishly I want this last week to be somewhat memorable. Seeing some of these kids perform from our farm at the big league level was a silver lining to this season. Sucks we didn't get to see Marsh and Detmers in what was a poopy campaign. 

It really sucks that there is no minor league season this year. Ugh!